Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:23 AM   #21

Sharp nice bright pictures. :-)

The dog & owner are very focus. Good pictures.

I can't believe it though. You got grass flowers.How did you get that? Flat on stomach?

Nice P200 pictures. That cam sure is packed.:-)
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:43 AM   #22

I standed flat with the sun in my back to cover the flowers, cause in macro mode it's not recomended the direct sunlight.
a3des is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:46 AM   #23

I kindly ask other P200 owners to post their settings for best results, in any other mode than Auto (M,P, SCN). Maybe I'm not the only begginer here and that will help a lot.
Old Apr 10, 2005, 1:32 PM   #24

here a nice P200 macro
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:53 AM   #25

Hy my friends. I am in Brazil, and here is very difficult purchase machines SONY. I have only p150, but i sale. Purchase one P200 and i am very sad with commens about quality of images... Is really very worry? But qball, Why you don´t use the automatic settins? P is very precis? More Focus?

Tks.

Excuse for my very bad English :roll:
lipschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:43 AM   #26

lipschutz wrote:
Quote:
Hy my friends. I am in Brazil, and here is very difficult purchase machines SONY. I have only p150, but i sale. Purchase one P200 and i am very sad with commens about quality of images... Is really very worry? But qball, Why you don´t use the automatic settins? P is very precis? More Focus?

Tks.

Excuse for my very bad English :roll:

Yes, I would say in Auto, a photographer has to have abig group or a face shot of2people hugging.

Or. hold the camera sideways for one person.

In auto, a sony has to fill up the boxes that turn green. Foreground & background is going to have average focus. I dont like when that happens.
ke

P mode, M mode orSceneis better

The subject will just have to fill in a smaller focus box. It's better if youaim. :G

qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 7:36 PM   #27

Thats true, don't let the camera deceides whats best for you if u can do it on your own. Camera only estimate who are you focusing at, how fast is it moving and what is the ISO value that you really need at that moment. If is an unpredictable event the auto mode saves the moment but if you have even a few seconds to deceide, with a little experience you can choose whats best for you, and P200 can help you in almost all the situations. (am I a P200 fun or what ? )
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:50 PM   #28
ico

Hi

I bought p200black pictures seemed to be very nice.Its my first camera. I read about manual settings from you and compare with manual from camera. I didnt find how to set aperture and shutter speed in manual mode. I didnt find this settings on camera. Please help me about this . I attach picture from camera manual.

Thank you

Kind regars Ico
Attached Images

ico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:41 PM   #29

In manual mode press the middle round button below the flash button, then use the four ways (up-down shutter speed; left-right apperture). Exit with middle button again.