Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 24, 2005, 7:34 PM   #1

A friend of mine went to Circuit City yesterday to get a V3 camera for his dad and they told him they didn't have any in stock and won't be getting anymore.

I think the V3 is an excellent camera for the price, it was available from October of 2004 and I don't know why it would be discontinued so soon unless something better is aboutto be announced.:?
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:21 PM   #2

They probably didn't even know what a V3 was. My experience has been that the level of product knowledge at those 'big box' stores is on par with a parsnip!
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:31 PM   #3

I don't know becausethe V3has also been removed from the Circuit City website!?!?!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 9:46 PM   #4

:OIna circuit city, I felt some pityfor a hidden V3, because it wasbehind one of the store's wall pillars. It seems they like to sell only compact digital cameras from sony. The V3 doesn't look like it is loved.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:32 AM   #5

Oh yah the V3 is being discontinued. I'm not sure if a new model of it is coming out though. Whenever you see a "price drop" on the SonyStyle.com website it usually indicates that they want to sell their supply of that model, at least with digital cameras I've seen. I think Sony is trying to focus on being on top again with the digital camera market. Last year Kodak topped them, before that Cybershot was the best selling point and shoot digital cameras each year. That's why they've developed the H1. It is expected to be a big seller! I'm sure it will sell well, only I want a Pro camera to replace my F828. Supposedly that isn't going to happen forat least a year.....according to Sony U.S.A......although, they don't know too much about even the cameras they already have. I will just have to wait on Sony. If only I could get Sony Japan'sphone number. I'll call them myself. Long distance would be worth itto get a heads up on the F828 successor!!!

kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 4:01 PM   #6

Looks like we are not the only ones to be concerned with discontinuance:

From dpreview: "Powershot G6 discontinued / replaced"

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=12826888
Meryl Arbing is offline   Reply With Quote