Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 28, 2005, 8:27 AM   #11

Yes CyrberShotNut you're right. I just remembered the deatils now. Sorry.
tanaltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:41 AM   #12

Sony still is on top! And who needs anything more than 7MP for the average consumer that's incredible! Sony has the best colors! Their photo quality is better than any of the other non-pro models of other camera manufacturers!! I'm just angry that for the "Pro-sumers" they have not replaced the f828 yet!!! I love my f828 but I want newer technology and I want a couple problems fixed. I hardly think Sony is going "downhill" though. Their sales records refute that easily!!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:16 AM   #13

After a quick trip to Best Buy, it looks as if Sony's main competitor, the Canon G6, is also discontinued. It too is selling for $549 with a clearance price tag. Sony is not the only company that is quickly introducing and discontinuing models.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 3:23 AM   #14

It's allllllll about the money!
kski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:13 AM   #15

Go build a computer from scratch. MB, CPU, memory, case, everything. Buy (at least on paper)the best components you can. Then, in6months, do it again. You will either save a ton of money, or be able to build a machine for the same price or less that will blow away your 6 month old, "state-of-the-art" computer. It can be pretty sickening, but just think if product updates on our computers andassociated electronics were on automobile-like schedules of every 3-4 years. It's good ol' Moore's Law, in some shape or fashion, making things better for us. And this V3 owner couldn't be happier about it.

--Casey

P.S. -- Ask me the same question in a few years when I need a new battery or other add-on for my V3 and you may get a very different answer! I sure hope not.
septik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:30 AM   #16

Who said the F-828 is discontinued?

Recently I received a notice from OneCall that they received a shipment and have the F-828 in stock.

Yes, I can't wait for an upgrade.

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 10:53 PM   #17

duke wrote:
Quote:
I've had lots of Sony cameras.... 3 video and 8 digital. All good , but they better turn it around or I won't buy anymore !. It really upsets me how they bring out a new camera...then a in few months they discontinue it. Like the V3....paid top $ and now dropped....the 828 and now discontinued.... I'm just about to say goodbye to Sony that was once the best.....and now on the bottom as far as quality and a trusted company....what went wrong ?... Yes I'm very upset with Sony !!!
I just got an email from Sony today, (4-7-05) so i hit the link for Digi Cams and they still have they 828 there. Who said it was discontinued??? They still have all the lens and stuff for the 707/717. What i wanted too see is the new replacement for the F828. It would have a SLR type lens system and a high definition view finderand view screen thats moves all over the placeand ahhh.... That's what i wanted to see...But F828 was stil therel...
thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 1:19 AM   #18

The F828 is no longer being made, they will still sell until stock runs out. The same goes for the V3, P100, P150, P41, P93, P73 and T1.

Depending how many they have in their warehouse will depend on how much longer they will be sold on the SonyStyle website.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:31 PM   #19

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
The F828 is no longer being made, they will still sell until stock runs out.
CyberShotNut...

I want it to be true but who said it ??? No really, I want you to be right butthe Sony reps at the last electronic show said no new replacement for F828 for maybe a year. That would be a long time to give away customer in the prosumer market. I know that before the 828 came out there was signals from Sony that there was something in the wind. The 4 color processor and the larger (8Meg) chip were announced ahead of the F828.I haven't seen anything this time. Have you? I did forget one thing on my wish list. A DSLR type/size chip. DSLR??? Ok by me, but it would have to be awfuly good to beat the Rebel XT and the Canon lens system.

Thanks CyberShotNut I hope you're right.

thatsanicepicture2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:13 AM   #20

I think Sony is being prudent by taking their time. The prosumer market is going to a very tough market. DSLR's are now falling into the prosumer price range. Canon's original Rebel is now cheaper than most high end prosumers, and Nikon will be introducing the N50 in the future. DSLR's give so much more flexibility, I can't see the prosumer market being very strong if you can get a full featured DSLR for the same price.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote