Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:01 PM   #1

Can a Memory Stick Duo be used in an older Sony camera that uses normal Memory Stick Cards?
stevenyc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:11 PM   #2

Yes, most memory stick DUOs come with an adapter that will fit a standard memory stick slot. .....But, a PRO DUO will only work in a device that is memory stickPRO compatible.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:14 PM   #3

So it will fit in my V1? what if it doesnt have an adapter? can i poke it down in there with a stick or somthing and let it fall out if i need to remove it? or hook some tape to it and pull it out?
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:26 PM   #4

You will need an adapter to use a duo in a device that uses regular sized memory sticks.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:45 PM   #5

As a novice in the sony tech slang I find it pretty hard to figure out what stick fits in my camera. There a cards named duo, then there are cards named pro and then duo pro. Really confusing in my opinion.
memorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 2:52 PM   #6

Sony products come in two form factors:

1. Memory Stick...this is the standard, stick of gum sized, device that fits in most of Sony's regular sized cameras. It comes in regular speed and a higher speed pro version which is necessary to capture video at the highest quality.

2. Memory Stick Duo---these are the smaller, postagee stamp sized cards used in smaller cameras, the PSP, and phones. They also come in regular and pro speed which function the same as the regulare memory sticks.

The regular sized stick can only be used in devices specific devices they are called for, as they are too large to fit in the duo devices. Duo's can be used in the smaller devices that specifically call for the duo, or in the larger devices that use the regular sized stick by using the adapter. Typically, the duo is more expensive.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote