Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:18 PM   #1

FINALLY! My W1 came today. I have to say, it is a HUGE improvement over my old Olympus d520. The pictures seem very sharp with great color balance. I haven't experienced any blurry pictures yet and you can only notice the softness if you enlarge the pictures around 300%. I tried indoor shots as well as outdoor and low light with and without the flash, none of which came out blurry unless I TRIED to make them blurry by setting an extremely low shutter speed. Seriously, the people who complained (and almost convinced me to not get this camera) must have either recieved a defective bunch of cameras or are just blaming their camera for OPERATOR ERROR. I'm very pleased with my W1 (especially its high speed focus and picture previewing on the HUGE LCD) and I just picked up a 1GB memory stick pro from Newegg.com for $100.
xksrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:17 AM   #2

Hey glad you like the W1!

I, probably like yourself, read into too many opinions on the "blurry issue" and almost didn't buy the camera on that basis. However, I found a UK retailer who had a no questions asked return policy, so I thought I would givethe cameraa try.

To say I am pleased with the camera is an understatement, I love it! :-)I've only taken around 250 shots (indoor and outdoor), but not one has come out blurry. Each one is crisp & sharp with vivid colours. I should get round to posting a few I suppose.

My own opinion is that there have been a few substandard cameras out there as I know, through this forum, that experienced guys have had problems with the W1. I also know that a quantity of cameras were manufactured in China as opposed to Japan (mine is from Japan) however I couldn't speculate if thisis siginificant in any way.

Lets see some of your shots on the forum!!

Cheers.

Mark.
v8griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:45 AM   #3

GOOD! I never understood the blurry issue to begin with.

I understand that in auto mode the shutter speed tends to go down to +/- 1/40 (indoors) which MAY cause blurr with people with shacky hands.

I mostly use 80 to 100 indoors w./ flash (1+ sec for birthdays to get nice candle luminasence) & 200-400+ for sports/action shots.

And the focus assist light helps me out quite a bit in low light, compared to other people around me who don't have one, many of their shots are out of focus. (or the camera refuses to focus at all in very low light)

Pic-It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:44 PM   #4

People always complain about blurry pictures with every digital camera. Most of the time it is simply user error or wrong camera settings. I have a P200 and hardly ever get any blurry pictures. I guess I have steady hands since I always use the LCD to frame my shots. I'm glad you like your new camera. Enjoy it and be sure to post any good shots. Take care
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:50 PM   #5

Picture taken without flash IN AUTO MODE:

It can be done
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:10 AM   #6

Not the best, just an example :?
Attached Images

v8griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:39 PM   #7

Check this pic of my cat out, on auto, macro.

[img]file:///D:/Digital%20Photos/petalsportrait.jpg[/img]
Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:51 PM   #8

[img]file:///D:/Digital%20Photos/sony%20test.jpg[/img]

Here's an indoor, night time flash photo- auto.

Old Apr 21, 2005, 4:52 PM   #9

That's called refelector red eye.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 8:00 AM   #10

Is it just me? I don't see a thing.
Manolito_Mystiq is offline   Reply With Quote