Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:59 PM   #1

I bought a P-93A a few weeks which had an odd problem - some of the white balance settings were not available in the meus.I went on the online chat line with a SONY rep who told me to just press the reset button inside one of the back doors. That indeed did clear up the problem - TEMPORARILY. After I tried experimenting with a few more settings on the camera the problem just reappeared! I again hit the reset button but every once in a while after I made a few settings changes the problem again came back - many of the white balance settings were just no longer available where they should be. I finally decided to return the P-93A. When online yesterday I found someone who reported this same problem with a P-200. I was thinking ofgetting a P-200 due to the positive comments here and elsewhere but now I'm starting to wonder if this could be some kind ofSONY defect which is triggered by some odd combination of camera settings one tries to change on the P-cameras? I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem with a P-200 orknows ofa reasonwhy it might occur? :sad:
lcmb11444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:50 PM   #2

There was/is nothing wrong with the camera. When the flash is set to forced on, the only white balance options are flash WB or auto WB. When the flash is set to off or auto all white balance options are available.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:53 PM   #3

I don't believe the forced flash wason any of the times the P93A lost its ability to show white balance settings in any of the modes like P, M or some of the SCN options. Interestingly, the SONY rep didn'tmention that as a possibility - he just said to try using the reset button (which I guess would have turned off the forced flash if it was, in fact, on). But it did seem to spontaneously recur anyway. Here's a copy ofthe postmade byanother person with a similar problem froma different online discussion group.

P200 White Balance modes...
In most modes {i.e. Manual, program,and most pre-sets in scn.}, I don't get all the WB setting choices. No daylight,cloudy,incandescent or fluorescent. Anybody else experience the same??
lcmb11444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 7:44 PM   #4

Those written in red are the way sony made it, like cybershot nut said. But your problem is different. Maybe your in a scn mode.
qball is offline   Reply With Quote