Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 22, 2005, 10:23 PM   #1

I recently sold my DSC-F707 in order to purchase a new T-7....

The F707 was a great camera that took amazing shots, but was just way to bulky for me to use on a daily basis, so I figure the T-7 would much better suit my photo needs....

Sony's site is still taking pre-orders, but I've found that several online retailers already claim to have them in stock:?

I called one store last week (ButterflyPhoto) and they said they have them in stock and are ready to ship, butI didn't place my order just yet because I'm not really sure how they're doing it....

I mean, are they selling the real deal or Euro/Jap models? (not sure if it really makes a difference or not)....

Also, anyone know the actual release date from Sony?

I've only read speculated dates from online resources, but I'd like to know if it's really worth going ahead with a pre-order or if I should just wait....

Rick

98 SNAKE EATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:57 PM   #2

Pre-ordering from Sony is the best choice although Euro/Japan models don't make any difference
Ixus 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:11 PM   #3

Well, Sony still has yet to release it on their site and the price has dropped to $449 at Butterfly....

Since they have both Silver and Black models available, I'm guessing they're Euro/Jap models cause the Black ones aren't available in the States through Sony.....

If you're absolutely sure that the Euro/Jap models are identical, I think I'll just go ahead with the order and put the leftover cash towards an extended warranty....

I mean, there won't be any problems with region settings and whatnot that would cause it not to be compatible with the rest of my equipment, right?

Kinda like buying a PAL format camcorder when I really want NTSC:?

Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:13 PM   #4

Oh yeah, one last question....

If these are in fact Euro/Jap models, will that in any way affect the warranty?

Rick