Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:38 AM   #1

I purchased a V3 andI am looking to get some lenses and filters. Most of my photography will be macro, but I would also like to get a telephoto and wide angle lens. I usually shot outdoors...but I would like a variety of filters to cover the basics. I want to purchase high quality stuff, not ebay specials. Any advice and can you point me in the right direction?????? Thanks
Suple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:57 PM   #2

I just puchased the the lens adapter and closeup lens for less than $70 combined combined on Ebay, saving about $30 off retail. I've purchased many things from Ebay with great success. Just check your sellers feedback and make sure you are buying the REAL Sony product. There are some cheaper, 3rd party attachments that I would probably avoid.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 12:30 AM   #3

I agree with rj , I have bought several cameras, bags , batteries, pro memory sticks and lens on ebay and lots less than anywhere else...some at 1/2 price. I look for new never opened and genuine Sony. And of coarse check buyers feedbacks and sellers rating. I've had very good luck on ebay.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:03 PM   #4

What lenses have you bought for the V3 and what ones would you not recommend!
GVales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:59 PM   #5

I currently only own the close-up lens. I am still waiting to receive the adapter, so I haven't used the lens yet. I do alot of macro photography, and this lens gives a shallower DOF. Sony also makes a tele photo and wide angle lens for the V3. By all accounts, these are solid lenses. Naturally you have to be careful of things like vignetting, and you will not be able to use the on camera flash with any of the add on lenses. Again, I would only recommend the Sony made lenses. As the V3 is now discontinued, it would be a good idea to try to pick up any lenses you may want quickly, as Sony probably won't be making them much longer.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 10:50 AM   #6

I've pushased a raynox macro CM-3500lenses kit. It works perfectly with the V3. The only thing is that the zoom must be setted at least at 3x factor to avoid vignetting.
From the same manufacturer, there is the DCR-250 that doning also excellent results.

jeff31 is offline   Reply With Quote