Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

View Poll Results: Which crop is from the P200?
P200 is LEFT 1 25.00%
P200 is RIGHT 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:27 AM   #1

Many here have asked for a side-by-side image quality comparison between the P200 and P150. Here's one way of doing it. I cropped the same area from Imaging-Resource's "house poster" test picture, which is essentially a big poster shot in a studio. I'm not yet revealing which crop is from the P200, which from the P150.

And here you go. Place your bets: which is P200, left or right? The answer will be revealed in three days!
Attached Images

HeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:00 AM   #2

Imaging-Resource's review of the P200 in my opinion must have used a P200 with a defect of some sort causing blurrier than usual pictures. This is apparent in the pictures of the photographer's wife indoors. I wouldn't trust that review as a deciding factor for displaying the P200's capabilities. With that said, I guess the image of the P200 is on the right. That is just a guess since they both look similar yet the right one is more blurry. Again, the blurriness being from a defective camera. In this case, since it is a picture of a poster, it really mainly shows the color balance and detail capabilities of a camera up to a point. I much prefer samples that were taken outside in sunlight on the same day at the same time. However a poster taken with the same lighting conditions works ok. I still think he should get another P200 and do the review once more. I bet he'll come up with very different conclusions.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:11 AM   #3

i own both the 150 and the 200 they are both new and in comparison the outdoor photos i have taken show the p200 to be of an even lesser quality than the 150,maybe my p200 is faulty too! lol
skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:16 AM   #4

It is possible because mine takes excellent when pictures compared to my friends P150. I see nothing wrong with either camera.

skyscraper, Do you notice the difference in prints or only at full size viewing on a computer? Because both my camera and his produce excellent prints.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:35 AM   #5

i have only printed from the p200 but only compared side by side on the computer please dont get me wrongthough the pictures i took on my hols with the p200 impressed me no end, until i used the p150 i will take a couple of snaps with both for you today and mail them to you if you like, and you'll be able to see what i meen what also really stands out to me are that the colours produced by my p200 are very poor in comparison to my 150, i don't know maybe my p200 is faulty.
skyscraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:07 AM   #6

Ok skyscraper dude, since you have both cameras, please take them both outside and place on a tripod or brick wall or something, and take the same picture with both of them.. then attach some crops from the original images for us.

Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:52 PM   #7

If I had both cameras and one of them took better pictures. I would use the one that took better pictures as well. If your P150 takes better pictures, simply use that as your main camera and try and return or sell the P200, unless you are a camera collector like Cybershotnut .
Old May 5, 2005, 7:00 PM   #8

When do you plan on giving us the answer?
Mousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 11:43 AM   #9

Yea.. P200 was on the right.

Old May 6, 2005, 12:45 PM   #10

kinda interesting...i could hardly spot any difference, and i just guessed...
could you do the same thing with P93 (Sony lens) and P100 (Zeiss lens)? the lens difference makes me wonder if there's any difference in quality
XAVeRY is offline   Reply With Quote