Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 7, 2005, 3:40 AM   #11

By request, here's the same shot taken with the P93:
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 11:17 PM   #12

It looks to melike the P93 is the best out of the ones you tested. And it's the cheapest!?!?! :?
kimberly175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 1:34 PM   #13

kimberly175 wrote:
Quote:
It looks to me like the P93 is the best out of the ones you tested. And it's the cheapest!?!?! :?
yeah, but look at the TV - quite visible chromatic abberrations...i know it's correctable with software, but why bother if you can get P200
XAVeRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 3:33 AM   #14

CyberShotNut ... one more favour please ...a picture with the W5 ( Yes, its likely to be like the W7, but just to be sure). Also, will certainly appreciate if you could give your opinion as far as the concerned pictures are of the difference between the W5 & the W7.

On a side note ... where I live (Kuwait), the price of the W5 is about 10$ more than the W7 in the US of A. Would someone think it wise to get a W7 from the US (and possibly not get a warranty here) or just be satisfied with the W5? Of course the price of the W5 is propotionately cheaper in the US. The points going againsta a purchase from the US is primarily warranty (may not be aavilable here for products purchased elsewhere) and that it would illogical to send it back to the US to claim any, if required.
Paparasee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 6:09 PM   #15

Sorry, I don't have a W5 anymore. Aside from the 2 extra megapixels, I've never really seen any difference between the W5 images and the W7 images.

Getting a warranty would be up to you. If you take good care of your camera, I doubt you will ever need to use the warranty.
Old May 25, 2005, 6:06 AM   #16

I've read in a couple of places that for the same size CCD, "more pixels would mean more noise". That being the case, would the W7 not be a lil more noisy than the W5?

Also, if I buy the add on lens, when I zoom in, would that show on the LCD as well? Whats the difference between Wide angle lens and telephoto lens?

Sorry for asking things that may seem dumb, but like most novices, the pressure is on ... got a firing from my wife yesterday for not taking an interest in any other home stuff

Thanks
Old May 25, 2005, 2:42 PM   #17

It is true that with the same sensor size, the more megapixels means more noise but Sony CCD sensors are about the best out there for pocket cameras and I've never really noticed an increase in noise between 5 and 7 megapixel Sony cameras.

Yes, the add on lense will show the zoom difference on the LCD but not in the viewfinder.

Wide angle lenses make everything look further away and telephoto lenses make everything look closer.
Old May 26, 2005, 3:59 AM   #18

Hey, Thanks CyberShotNut ... for those information. I guess you have been the most helpful in confirming my belief that the Sony W series is worth the buy ..... Thanks

Just one lil query and then, I guess I'll start looking for ways to get a camera from one of the US or Malaysian markets. You said that the Wide angle makes "everything look further away". Now, why would one want to do that? Maybe its a dumb question, but its cause I'm not too much into photos and all. I just presumed that one would want things to get closer .... or is it something like sceneries where we would want to capture a wider area?

Thanks once again.
Old May 27, 2005, 2:03 AM   #19

Yes, it's to capture a wider area or if you just can't step back far enough to capture everything you want in the picture.
Old May 27, 2005, 2:31 AM   #20

Thanks for the comparisons you really are a cybershotnut
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote