Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:40 AM   #1

Hi all, i have a problem with LCD...

1 week ago i left my V3 fall in the ground (1,5 meter above the ground!!!)and the LCD have broken.

I´m thinking in get it to repair, but i would like to ask if anyone knows if i can "upgrade" the LCD for a new LCD (like the one we find in the T7 or on W7 models, with 230,000 pixels instead of the original with 123,000 pixels, once both are 2,5", i would like to know if they are compatibles...).

Another thing i would like to ask is if anyone knows where i can find the exaclty part number of the LCD screen of the V3, i already tried Sony´s site and no luck, google didn´t help too!
Thanks for reading,

Have a nice day!!!
Igor Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:03 AM   #2

The Sony DSC-V3, DSC-W1 and DSC-W12 all use the same LCD. Any LCD with a different amount of pixels will not work. The Sony part number for that LCD is 875321737 ind it costs about UD$150. My suggestion would be to find a broken W1 on ebay with a good LCD, that would be your cheapest method of repairing your camera.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2005, 1:24 AM   #3

Thx CyberShotNut!!!

I´ll try to find a display for W1 or 12...

Do you know if it´s too hard to replace that display? I mean, can i try to replace it at home, without any special tool (justa regular phillips screwdriver)?

Do you know any place where i can find picturesof aDSCV3 open?

(i´m sorry for too many questions, the reason of them is that i live in Brazil, over here they don´t support that model - V3 - , they even sell it on regular stores over here... the cost to fix it on the store is too high (like $200 USD!!! without the display!!!), so i´m trying to fix by myself...)

thx again!
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:24 AM   #4

I have never yet had to take apart a V3, but I've taken a few pics when I replaced the LCD in a W1 here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v477/CyberShotNut/W1LCD/

I would guess the V3 assembly would be a little more complicated, but if you are good at mechanical work you should be able to do it yourself. If you have another camera, you might want to take pictures of each assembly as it comes apart so you'll know how it all goes back together. If you remove all the screws and see that things aren't coming apart easily, you may want to consider bringing it somewhere to have it done. The V3 is a great camera, be careful!
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 5:33 PM   #5

Is there some reason in particular you're making your posts bright yellow on light grey? They're not readable, at all, unless you highlight the text.
Frangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2005, 4:45 PM   #6

Hi all, i just like to thank everybody (especialy CyberShotNut) that helped me to fix my V3!

I bought the display (the one informed by CyberShotNut), open the camera with a philips tool, disconected the display from the inside the body of the camera and disconected the cables from the display...) not that hard, took an hour to do by myself! and the most important: didn´t break my camera!

Thank you all! any doubt about how to change the display, please send me, i can take some shots on how to replace it!

have a nice day!

Igor Teixeira
Old Aug 30, 2005, 7:00 PM   #7
Administrator

Frangible wrote:
Quote:
Is there some reason in particular you're making your posts bright yellow on light grey? They're not readable, at all, unless you highlight the text.
I'm sure he didn't realize it.

If you go to "My Account", "Preferences", you'll see a Board Theme choice. If you use the "Shades" Board Theme (which more closely matches the main site's color scheme), the colors will show up differently.

That's one of the "quirks" with allowing users to select different themes. Sometimes, the text colors that work well on one Board Theme, don't work well on another.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:30 AM   #8

Hi Igor,

I have the same problem as you do, Igor. Where could you buy the new LCDfor your dsc v3? Was it hard to open/replace the screen (i'm a beginner)?

thanks

Géraud
geraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 7:33 PM   #9

Sony has the part in stock.

Go to http://servicesales.sel.sony.com and search for 875321737 in the field on the right. Make sure to select the radio button for part#.

It's $99.95 plus shipping.

Revvy is offline   Reply With Quote