Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:58 PM   #21

How did you tweak them? I have photoshop but don't kow how to change the color of only one item in the photo.
marieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 12:39 PM   #22

I have posted at another photo site about this and it seems that it is a common problem for almost all digicams to some degree. The basic makeup of the sensors, whether they be CCD or CMOS, having RGB components makes rendering some colors very difficult. One guy said he has the same problem with his D70. I guess it is something we all have to live with for now.
PicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:02 PM   #23

originalstarlite wrote:
Quote:
The first day I took pictures with the P200, I found this shot of the purple climatis. The flowers are deep purple when they first open, then they gradually fade away most of their color before dropping the petals. This shot perfectly captured the state of the bloom.

http://www.ec-photo.com/originalstar...00047.jpg.html
I guess I chose a bad picture for my point for once they are fully open the purple will fade. So I went out this morning to capture one that was just opening. This picture has no tweeking.

http://www.ec-photo.com/originalstar...00302.JPG.html
originalstarlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 1:37 PM   #24

A little tweak.

Nice flowers btw.

Master your many possibilities, and any form of color, tone, and level can be had.

(Also btw, you can ask for photo repair here, or on win messenger/xp remote assistance.)

qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:31 PM   #25

marieg wrote:
Quote:
How did you tweak them? I have photoshop but don't kow how to change the color of only one item in the photo.
Photoshop is great. It takes seconds to fix this.

The easiest way is to go into Image->Adjustments->Selective Color, then select "Blues" in the Colors box, then slide the Cyan bar left. You can play with the other color bars to tweak further.

Another way is to go into Image->Replace Color, then sample the flowers (using the + eye dropper to select all the blues in the flowers), then slide the Hue bar to the right a bit. You can also tweak the saturation and lightness of the selected colors in the same dialog box.

If there are the same colors elsewhere in the imagethat you don't want changed, then you should lasso the area you want changed first.

Maxx

maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:54 PM   #26

Thanks for the tip. The purple is a deep, dark velvety color, which surprises me that it turns a bright color in the photos.

Sigh. I still can't decide now if I should just take it back and get the W7 which is the same price but bigger.
Old Jun 30, 2005, 12:32 AM   #27

marieg wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tip. The purple is a deep, dark velvety color, which surprises me that it turns a bright color in the photos.

Sigh. I still can't decide now if I should just take it back and get the W7 which is the same price but bigger.
I doubt the W7 will be any better. My P150 has the same issue as your P200. It sounds like a lot of digicams have problems with deep purple.

Maxx

maxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:32 PM   #28

I don't have a purple problem with my P200 as bad as you seem to have. I guess white balnce depends on the lighting situation. Sometimes the camera is very good and other times is too yellow. Like all cameras, nothing is perfect.
kona001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:34 PM   #29

qball wrote:
Quote:
Get a P93 on ebay. Problem solved!!!...

Ha! My sister visited today and she owns a P93. Guess what? Same deal. No better on the same color. Looks exactly the same as my P200. Dark purple= bright blue.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:44 AM   #30

kona001 wrote:
Quote:
I don't have a purple problem with my P200 as bad as you seem to have. I guess white balnce depends on the lighting situation. Sometimes the camera is very good and other times is too yellow. Like all cameras, nothing is perfect.
I was goofing around with the various white balance presets on the P200 and found that the "Cloudy" setting seemed to lessen the effect slightly. The color shift was still there though.
PicGuy is offline   Reply With Quote