Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 27, 2005, 2:42 AM   #1

I love this camera so far. I will have to say I am shocked that the image quality has been so good. When I got it, I was thinking that it would be a cool toy with the 12X zoom but wouldn't match the image quality of my V3 or F717. After about 350 pictures in many different conditions I will have to say it beats the V3 in noise and beats the F717 in speed. Most shots have been crystal clear with low noise and excellent resolution, the flash is very powerful, but overexposes the picture slightly with near subjects.(low flash power corrects this)The only complaint I have so far with the H1 is the purple fringing in certain conditions. I know it can be corrected in software, but it still annoys me. Here is a 2sec night exposure at f3.7, ISO64and full 12X zoom:
Attached Images

CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 27, 2005, 5:52 AM   #2
SLD

I'm glad to hear this as I just purchased an H1 last week. Took a few photos over the weekend. I was very pleased with a couple of them.
SLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 6:31 PM   #3

I was just going to ask if you had anymore pics I loved that moon shot! This one looks great as well, especially under the given conditions.

Do you happen to have any zoom comparison shots? Like from wide to telephoto of the same subject maybe at say 100 feet (basically, not a closeup zoom shot)?

MJ
4nkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:15 PM   #4

Yup Ive had my H1 for about the same time also and am equally pleased with it. heres a few pics although the subject matter may not be what your used too.
Attached Images

RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:16 PM   #5

Another
Attached Images

RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 8:20 PM   #6

Those are nice They look real clean and crisp...Reading the recent H1 reviews, thoughts, and seeing sample pics isn't helping me narrow down my new camera choices, haha....

MJ
4nkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2005, 11:03 PM   #7

I've owned my H1 about 1 week,,,,im very pleased with the crystal clear photos and richness of colors..i looked at many cameras before buying this one and can honestly say i didnt make a mistake with the H1
sjg255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 12:48 AM   #8

I'm planning to go to New York on vacation next week and the H1 will be the camera I'll bring with me so I'll have plenty of pictures to share when I get back. I've been debating weather to take the V3 or the H1, but as of now I think it'll be the H1.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 2:57 PM   #9

OK cybershot ....now I had to buy a H1....lol. I'll see how I like it and maybe sell one of my other Sonys (5).
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2005, 3:05 PM   #10

Do you feel going from the 7mp of the V3 to the 5mp of the H1 is a big loss? Or not really?

CyberShotNut wrote:
Quote:
I'm planning to go to New York on vacation next week and the H1 will be the camera I'll bring with me so I'll have plenty of pictures to share when I get back. I've been debating weather to take the V3 or the H1, but as of now I think it'll be the H1.
Frangible is offline   Reply With Quote