Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 16, 2005, 8:55 PM   #1

I used to have a Sony DSC-P92 5MP camera. Even while clicking at 1280X960, the photos were quite good. The camera only has an Auto Mode. I notan expert but can certainly tell one from another.

I have now purchased an Olympus C-770UZ. I have noticed in Auto Mode as well as Manual Mode, and even at 2288X1712 HQ, i don't seem to find the picture quality even 'Good'. The pictures are distorted.

Is this true; can this be confirmed that the quality of pictures is Olympus is not very good????

Thanks in advance.
aptcloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 16, 2005, 10:57 PM   #2

The Oly 770 takes very good pictures.

If you are trying to take pictures at 10X in anything but bright sunlight you are going to get motion blur from handshake unless you put it on a tripod. If you want to take handheld shots of something in the shade you need stabilization. You can work on your holding technique and maybe improve the shots, but if you blow them way up you will likely see some blur without a tripod in anything less than ideal light at 10X.

If your wide angle shots aren't good I suggest you read the manual. The camera is capable of taking good pictures.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 9:48 PM   #3

Thank you. I'll read....
aptcloe is offline   Reply With Quote