Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 21, 2005, 9:10 AM   #1

Is there any advantage tousing the MS pro Duo vs the MS Proin the H1?

TIA,

Brian
BrianNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:33 AM   #2

The Duo will not fit in the H1 without an adapter. The duo is designed to be used in smaller format cameras, the sony PSP, and other small electronic items. Since the duo is typically more expensive, there is no reason to deal with the added hassle of an adapter, as performance wise the two formats are the same.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2005, 3:23 PM   #3

Thanks rj.

What I sould have also asked is if there is any benefit to using the sony high speed pro over just the regularPro stick, however I just read another thread you replied to regarding the faster read / write of the high speed as to giving no real benefit.
BrianNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 10:40 AM   #4

i would go with duo pros. you can use them in sony's cameras with an adapter and the T series without. going forward though most devices i suspect will use the duo pro.

Since I own a PSP that's what I would buy (once I purchase my first digicam, soon). You can also use the duo pros in Sony Ericcson wireless phones, ya know, if you're partial to them. You may not own one now but it will make that purchase all the more enticing.
oneness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2005, 5:44 PM   #5

There is no reason to believe the duo format will overtake the regular format anytime soon. Also, if you do own any of those other devices that do take the duo format, I would just buy seperate duo sticks to fit into those devices. Again, I feel it is much easier to not have to hassle with the adapter and swapping sticks from device to device...Just get whatever stick fits in your device.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2005, 12:21 PM   #6

i agree with the above post (use the correct stick for the correct device... adapters and such seem like a hassle).

I own about 10 memory sticks,
(I own a Sony Clie, have owned several Sony digital camera's, and other devices... I've bought the memory sticks over the past 5 years...)

what I own:
2 -1gig sticks
1 -512 stick
5 -128 sticks
2 -32 sticks

...I personally can not tell a difference between the "pro" sticks and the non-pro sticks. Also various brands do not seem to make a performance difference either. I have some Lexar, Sandisk, and Sony brand sticks.. they all work exactly the same in my opinion.

eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote