Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 23, 2005, 11:25 PM   #1

I recently bought a P-200 and I love the camera, but recently I read about problems with dust after several months use. See this link at the Sony Talk forum at dpreview.com:http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/r...essage=12286576) Has anyone had this problem with the P-200? I am worried now about this and wonder if I should return the camera and purchase another brand. Apparently, the W5 & W7 have had the same dust problem. Thanks
Justinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2005, 3:03 AM   #2

I have the same problem with my P100. I usually do my own repairs, but since the camera is only 4 months old I'm seriously thinking about sending it back to Sony for cleaning. My only concern is that the same thing will happen all over again after putting it in my pocket. Obviously the lens is not sealed very well. Has anyone had any experience sending their camera to Sony for cleaning?
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 8:48 AM   #3

Justinian wrote:
Quote:
I recently bought a P-200 and I love the camera, but recently I read about problems with dust after several months use. See this link at the Sony Talk forum at dpreview.com:http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/r...essage=12286576) Has anyone had this problem with the P-200? I am worried now about this and wonder if I should return the camera and purchase another brand. Apparently, the W5 & W7 have had the same dust problem. Thanks
now thisis bad newsto hear .. i have this problem and sent the cam off to sony. and now i find out that whatever they do is just a temp solution at best , well i just hope i can get it replaced with a V3, but thats gonna be about 180$ + 15% restocking fee :S.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 2:26 PM   #4

Havent had that yet with my wifes P200, but its good to know about I will make sure to tell her to try and keep it in the case.
darntoothysam is offline   Reply With Quote