Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 4, 2005, 9:26 AM   #11

Well this was a good thread. I guess the 5-point AF averagedaint enough. You have luck with better, quicker results on the other company cameras, I guess.

You'll miss zeiss. :blah:
qball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:57 AM   #12

Blurry images was only one of the many reasons I got rid of my W5 after 2 weeks!
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 9:25 PM   #13

If you are getting all blurry pictures, you have a setting problem or you have shaky hands. 1/30th second is the slowest speed you can use to avoid blurry pictures with any kind of digicam or 35mm (except if you have image stabilization - but it is not perfect either).

Look my W5 pics at :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14366289

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=14452628

bluelab
bluelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2005, 8:51 PM   #14

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Blurry images was only one of the many reasons I got rid of my W5 after 2 weeks!

what else went wrong?
sime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 1:59 PM   #15

it is your shaky hands, not the camera blurry images.... I bet if I give you a 10,000 digital DSLr, you would still get blurry pics.... You all blame the camera, where the blame is YOU !!! relax, take a deep breath, work out with some weights and continue to shoot pictures.... I have over 20000 pics taken with my W1 and only had maybe 10 blurred pics at the extreme optical/digital combo ZOOM without a tripod or shaking.... SO, to make it short- ALL OF YOU, complainers, the W series cameras are great and I only blame all of you who complain about it !
SalBolzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 2:31 PM   #16

Sal! Since you're such an expert, act like one and STOP raving and shouting to others all the time. They got your meaning so move on and let people express their views - grazie!
BlueFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:32 PM   #17

red-eye...images had alot of blue in them.
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 12:48 AM   #18

Hi
I recently got a w7 which is the same as the w5 and its the first camera I have ever had and thougt id let you know that there are no problems with blurry images unless I use the wrong settings...Iff you want good pictures with these cameras read the manual and look on the internet for information on photography..also check out the cyberlife software which comes with the camera iff your american or iff you live anywhere else in the world it can be downloaded on this very sight in the sony forum
good luck
edit:by the way the warning is to let you know that you have a slow shutter speed selected and will get a blurred picture unless you make sure the camera doesnt move (either by using a tripod or having really steady hands)..be glad of the warning because it reminds you that you need to take extra care when using the low shutter speeds and im sure without it you would have even more bad pictures.
Its no different than someone who has never driven a car driving one with no knowledge of what to do then blaiming the car when he crashes
GenitalBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 3:27 PM   #19

Just spend time with the camera. Learn to hold your hand steady. It does take patience and trial and error. Before my camera got stolen I loved it.

I plan on purchasing the W7 soon. I just got out of a rut deciding between the W5 or Canon SD450. I decided to go for the W7.

Here are a couple collages from when I had my camera.

Not bad once you get the hang of it. This is also my first digital camera. Well my first camera period, really. Hopefully the W7 will be a good choice. Has anyone experimented with attaching bigger lenses onto the W series? That's a major reason I decided to go for the Sony instead of the Canon.
larksinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:33 AM   #20

i have the W1 and I think a lot of people confuse blurry pics with out of focus pics... I can take really good flashless low-light pictures on the W1 by doing exactly what Meryl Arbing suggested... however it is true that the unit tends to focus too quickly for it's own good... to compensate for this i set the focus to centre (or set length) instead of automatic... but even then i still get the odd out of focus shot... i know it's out of focus (not blurry) cos it happens occasionally in outdoor shots too... it's easy to tell between a blurry shot and an out of focus shot

that's basically my only gripe, apart from the 10s timer... i would've loved to have 2s timer!
CVonV is offline   Reply With Quote