Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 1, 2005, 3:32 PM   #1

Someone at Sony really needs to quit redesigning the case of the "T" series and start looking into better quality photos! http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...p;Dept=cameras
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:22 AM   #2

Its a gimmick and it sells well!! Look at how many other companies have copied the T1. I have to admit that when I first started getting in the T1, I kept the first one that I could repair and used it myself for a time. It was cool, but the quality was very dissapointing for sure.

If you want a camera to "impress" people when you whip it out, get a Sony T. If you want to actually take some pictures, heck I would have to even recommend a Kodak DX3900 or 4900 over the T1 !!

:?
darntoothysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 5:26 PM   #3

Doesn't the DSC T5 have a better flash range? Up to 6m compared to 1.5m with the other T series.
thebanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 1:35 AM   #4

It's supposed to have about an 8 foot flash range which is a little better than the previous "T" cameras, not 6 meters. The increased flash range may also be done by increasing the auto ISO which wouldn't be very good.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 10:59 AM   #5

You might also want to look at a camera company and not an electronics company if you want quality photos and not an electronic toy.

darntoothysam wrote:
Quote:
Its a gimmick and it sells well!! Look at how many other companies have copied the T1. I have to admit that when I first started getting in the T1, I kept the first one that I could repair and used it myself for a time. It was cool, but the quality was very dissapointing for sure.

If you want a camera to "impress" people when you whip it out, get a Sony T. If you want to actually take some pictures, heck I would have to even recommend a Kodak DX3900 or 4900 over the T1 !!

:?
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 10:34 AM   #6

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
You might also want to look at a camera company and not an electronics company if you want quality photos and not an electronic toy.

Sounds like someone has a quality issue with Sony?
v8griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2005, 7:35 AM   #7

Sony should not be dismissed as merely a manufacturer of expensive 'toy' cameras. That's not true. Digital is whole different ball game to film camera technology, except for the lenses and even Sony is sensible enough to leave that to those with a good track record -- Carl Zeiss lenses are certainly not expensive toys. A digicam is 75% electronics, and Sony knows a thing or two about building quality electronic devices. Okay, so they sometimes come up with a 'lemon', but so do the so called 'big boys' who used to makeonly film cameras. I would expect aposter on this particular forum to offer some constructive criticism orcomment, not put Sonydown in such a smugway just because they don't yet have history of making cameras. Digital cameras are in their infancy --- that makes Sony's experience of building them just as established asCanon's or Nikon's. I'd pit my Sony W17 against any comparable compact from the other maker's any day of the week.
pip22 is offline   Reply With Quote