Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 24, 2005, 12:31 PM   #1

I love the camera, and am looking to get a wide angle and a tele conversion
lenses. All I really want to know is there any other option than the sonys. Some
reasonably priced recomendations would be greatly appreciated.
cdn_fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 24, 2005, 2:18 PM   #2

I would stick with Sony brand they are made for the H1. Other lens may or may not work well. I have both the VCL-DH1758 tele & VCL-DH0758 wide angle. I bought them from Beach Audio for just over $100 + $5 ship ea. I have used the tele and it works great....I have yet to try the wide but sure it will work just as well. You may also want to check out pemaraal lens adapters , I got the SA58H aluminum alloy adapter. It's so much better than the cheap plastic (sloppy fit) adapter that comes with the H1. PS.....Stay away from bargin lens ...you will be glad you did, You get what you pay for.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 7:39 PM   #3

Hi, I'm new here on Steve forum... I have the same question of cdn_fenix.. I just bought the Sony DSC-H1 last week, and I love itso far.. I would like to buy the lens.

Sony lenses is quite expensive but I know it's worth it... I'm looking for Opteka brand .045 wide angle & 2x telephoto lens. These lens is made and design in Japan and it's said that is a high quality lenses with macro on it and compatible to H1 model I'd like to know what do you think about this brand and do you think it will ok to use to Sony H1 ? What is the possibility it may cause the quality of picture to deteriorate? give me an advice b4 I start to bid

It's in the ebay right now.. and the price is $ 30eachI'd like to know more info for lenses b4 I start to bid...Please reply

thanks
Sorbetes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:37 PM   #4

I can't specifically comment on the lens you are looking at. However, remember, any extra glass you attach to your lens could cause loss of image quality. A 2x teleconverter gives the H1 a focal length of nearly 1000mm. It will be very difficult to shoot handheld at this focal length with the H1's available shutter speeds...you almost certainly will need a tripod to use this add-on lens. At least you have shot at handholding without blur with the sony lens, and i can't imagine needing the extra reach of a 2x lens. The wide angle will probably give ok results but you will get significant barrel distortionwhich may or may not affect your images, depending on what you're shooting. Again, i would stick with the sony lenses for best results.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:03 PM   #5

Hello again, I think you're right... I probably buy the Sony lenses because I doubt that It may affect the quality of picture, if added a different lenses.... thank you for giving me an a piece of advice I appreciate.

Sorbetes
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:07 PM   #6

Those aluminum adapters are sweet
RedDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 9:23 PM   #7

Hi, What do you think about my first question. I need more information as much as possible because I'm new on the lenses..

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:20 AM   #8

I think that im going to get the sony lenses for it, when i finally decide to pay the
250 canadian. In the meantime my girlfriend just odered the canon s2, with the 58 mm
adaptor ring, wide angle and tele lenses. so ill definatly have to at least try these. ill post an update on my results

cdn_fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:55 PM   #9

Hi cdn_fenix It's seems to me you want to buy a sony lenses too. Well I found one in the Interenet It's inMonstronix.com and It's in the US. The price is $99 US only plus a flat rate of 15 US for shipping. I think It's a fair deal, why don't you try it. The Wide-angle is out of stock right now but they say they will have it next week.

I'll buy one of these lens, Once I've tried I'll posted here my experience and the result of the picture with this lens.

Good luck. Oh by the way I'm a canadian too eh. ( Go Leaf Go )