Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 25, 2005, 1:24 PM   #1

I like the features of it. Some times when I take a picture out side on the water its not real clear, kinda grainey looking.Its a little slow taking pictures back to back . The 5 meg
is ok but I dont mind something with more .I mostly take pictures of car and boats. and some inside car shows.

I usally leave the camera on auto.I also do some 10-25sec video clips .Most of the stuff I take I post on web sites , I am not really printing anything out.

What would you recomend??

Thanks

Rob
Strip Poker 388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 25, 2005, 2:01 PM   #2

I really like my H1.....I have 5 Sony cams and find I use the H1 the most. I think you would be happy with the H1 , You may want to check it out.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 2:39 PM   #3

if you areinto taking pics of cars i guess the p200 is a good option heres a few pics i took withmy P200

and another pic at night

Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 4:58 PM   #4

I am seing mixed reviews on it 50/50.and it looks a lot bigger camera

duke wrote:
Quote:
I really like my H1.....I have 5 Sony cams and find I use the H1 the most. I think you would be happy with the H1 , You may want to check it out.
Old Aug 25, 2005, 5:02 PM   #5

The only diff I see on the P00 is the video is a littel better and its 7 meg camera.

I wonder if it would really take a better pick???

Rob:-)

Tyrant wrote:
Quote:
if you areinto taking pics of cars i guess the p200 is a good option heres a few pics i took withmy P200

and another pic at night

Old Aug 26, 2005, 10:23 AM   #6

You have one of the better small cameras made IMO. You don't mention size as a factor, so you must find the size suitable. Cycle times are close to the best available in a competent camera and the shutter lag isn't bad. The shutter lag is excellent if you use manual focus. You have a 4X zoom and nothing focuses better at night if you are within the range of the holographic pattern. You don't seem to be taking advantage of some of its better features like the good manual controls and probably the hot shoe. It is the smallest camera I know of that you can advance to some fairly serious photography with.

I have no idea what the problem might be for the water shots unless it is having problems focusing on the water. Most cameras have problems with smooth water. You might post one of the pictures, but if the camera is taking suitable photos otherwise I would guess any camera would be having the same problem with the water shots.

I think you will lose something no matter what you upgrade to. The Panasonic FX9 and Fuji F10 might give you better auto shots indoors without a flash, but you have no optical viewfinder or manual controls, and you lose some zoom range. I don't think anything else small would give you better photos for your subjects and use.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:04 AM   #7

I guess I need to learn how to use the manuel settings to get better picks .
I will try to post some picks of the boat and car on what I am talking about.

As far as the 5 meg size I mostly resize them down to fit on web sites or to email .
them. I see now the 7 meg is close to what I paid for the V1:sad:

Thanks for your imput.

Rob
Old Aug 26, 2005, 11:56 AM   #8

Yes the H1 is bigger, but it has 12X optical zoom if that would be of use to you. I also have the P200 ....great for pocket and it's a very good camera. As far as 5 vs 7 mp they are both very good . imho I don't think you really need more than 5mp for good pics. I had a F828 8mp for a year and sold it and was lucky to get a brand new F717 5mp which I think takes better pics... not as many featurs but suits me just fine. I also have the L1 and V3.
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2005, 6:11 AM   #9

Would the V3 be the clear choice perhaps?
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote