Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:54 AM   #1

Hello Boys and Girls - I haven't been around these parts in awhile BUT I am STILL a Big Sony Fan and I'm assuming that this Sony forum is STILL the BEST SONY FORUM in town!
Anyway, I just purchased the Sweet V3 and have a question about the CF Card. Do you know if the camera would benefit much from a 1 Gb Sandisk Ultra II CF Card? I was going to use that card for pictures and buy a 512 Mb MS PRO for videos....as CF is waaay cheaper and MS PRO is needed to take advantage of VGA movie mode. Or should I get the "regular" CF Card? A quick reply would be great as I have my camera in-hand already (Dell delivered it FAST) and no CF card purchased yet. Thanks Guys!
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:00 PM   #2

I would do it the other way around. I would get a larger memory stick. The 512 stick only gives you a little over 6 minutes of video time at the highest setting. You get 22 minutes at the standard setting (which IMO is not very good). The 1gb would give you about 12 minutes. Obviously, long videos are not a strength of this camera. A 512 Cf (or memory stick) nets about 140 pictures. The burst mode would benefit from the higher speed CF card..if you won't be using this mode much, then a regular speed CF card would be fine.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:43 PM   #3

Thank you for your advice and quick reply...I think you may be right. I will revise my plan and get BOTH A 512 MB CF card + Memory Stick PRO. I won't ever take 12 mins of video but I would like to be able to take a solid 5 mins if I wanted to... And since this isn't my only camera, 1 GB of Total Memory should suffice for now - thanks again !
kimnicho is offline   Reply With Quote