Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:32 PM   #1
MLM

hello...I bought my DSC-w5 a month ago now.. Before I bought the camera, I read some review from the following site: http://www.imaging-resource.com,http....cameras.co.uk and Digital Camera info.com..I am satisfied with the review of the following website that why i decided to buy this againts Olympus MJU-500...I also consider the speed and the large LCD display...I'm satisfied with the quality of the image it produce...
But my problem is since i bought the camera I notice that the skin tone is too warm...specialy indoor and using incandecent lightning..i also have problem of taking group of people 5-10 person..the skin tone are not evenly distributed. Usually reddish at the left and right side than the center...
I already used different combination adjust the saturation to -...but still i'm getting reddish skintone...

is there any one who can give me the right setting for DSC-w5 indoor specially in low light...I'm usually using the manual mode..shutter 50 f2.8-4.0...or is it a factory defect..

Other dan than dat i'm happy with its features and fast performance...especially video..

Thanks..

MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:50 AM   #2

Hey mate

I also own a DSCW5B and i had a similar problem with my cam. But my issue was easliy solved by using the White balance mode Tungsten and the skin tones suddenly lost their yellowy tinge. Unfortunately i have only photographed 2 subjects at a time so i have not noticed any yellowy distortion around the edges of the image.

cheers

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 8:40 AM   #3
MLM

thx for the reply...i will try to use that tungsten WB..what mode r u using? P or M...i think sony has difficulty in flourescent set-up...
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote