Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 31, 2006, 1:36 PM   #11

Hello Everyone,

I received my camera monday, it took exactly one week from the time they received the camera (in Texas), 'til I got it back, works fine, everything is good.

I would just like to add that after reading many many many other entries on the NET about this problem i saw that most people, myself included, had this CCD problem after passing the 4000 picture limit.

So my suggestion would be if you're around the 3500 mark, start shooting away QUICKLY and see if you get the same problem. But all in all you have until october 2007 to report the problem, so a little more than a year to keep on shooting.

Take care,

Seb
drstanescu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 1:50 PM   #12
DJT

Just wondering if this is the same problem. Yesterday while taking a few pictures, everything turned out great. I went to take another one and this is how it looked on the screen....

I've taken a few shots with the image similar below.... I turned it on this morning and it was fine.... I showed the wife and it went back to the image below.

Attached Images

DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:34 PM   #13

definitely call them, and by the way try taking photos and see if they come out, cause if they do then its an lcd problem and not a ccd problem which is bad news for you cause they'll charge you for the repair, and thats only if you're out of the warranty period

hope i helped,

sebastian
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:42 PM   #14
DJT

I threaten the camera that I would throw it against the wall and it started to work...

um..... ghost inside?

once again as I type - it's back.. :evil:
Old Jun 4, 2006, 3:45 PM   #15
DJT

drstanescu wrote:
Quote:
definitely call them, and by the way try taking photos and see if they come out, cause if they do then its an lcd problem and not a ccd problem which is bad news for you cause they'll charge you for the repair, and thats only if you're out of the warranty period

hope i helped,

sebastian
The lcd and the picture taken look the same. But the lcd displays all the icons.

Thanks for the help... I'll call them. I just purchased a Rebel XT a few weeks ago and haven't used the sony that much, then when I do, this happens.
Old Jun 4, 2006, 8:20 PM   #16

then its definitely the ccd, do what i did i left instructions earlier on in this thread.

take care,

seb
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:28 PM   #17

I sent my DSC F717 off this week for repair. I haven't used it much since I purchased a 20D a few months ago. My wife actually grabbed it to use it when we discovered the problem. I had great service with it, took a ton of shots with it, and really want to use it as a back up. I'm relieved it is covered.I noticed over Chistmas we took a trip and it was shooting heavily blue satuartion which wasn't normal for it. Maybe it was the begining of the problem.

Trique Daddi
Trique Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2007, 10:24 PM   #18

It appears all the Mavica models, except mine (the CD300) are on the list.

What makes the Mavica CD300 different from all other Mavicas?
G4orce Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 2:42 PM   #19

ANTON64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2007, 5:07 PM   #20

I recently sent back my Sony DSC-F717 (originally purchased in late 2003) as a result of this CCD failure. While doing some research online, I found a link to the Sony Service Center's site geared specifically towards the problems many that of their customers are experiencing with their digital cameras. I was surprised to see just how accommodating they were, allowing customers the opportunity to send in their faulty cameras free of charge, regardless of age. Of course this is the right thing to do, but I did not expect a major corporation such as Sony to do the right thing!

Anyway, I followed their procedures, printed out the pre-paid UPS form and dropped it off at my local UPS service center. That was on Monday, April 30th. Not only has Sony been diligent in their efforts to constantly notify my of their progress (including sending me notification of when the package was received by their center in Texas), but today (a mere nine days since I sent my camera to them for repair) I received an email notifying me that the camera has been repaired and that they have already shipped it back via UPS 3-day!

Now obviously I have yet to get my camera back, but so far so very, VERY good! Let's just hope that this bad boy works like new when I do receive it, and that it stays that way!
Mookie 1986 is offline   Reply With Quote