Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Oct 27, 2005, 5:57 PM   #1

Hi

I recently posted my H1 White Paper on my web site for the benefit of anyone who owns or is considering purchasing Sony's incredible DSC-H1 camera.

It covers a number of topics that may help you get the most out of your camera as well as recommended settings for highest performance and best quality pictures

I invite you all to check it out at http://www.aakatz.com/h1whitepaper

I hope it helps....
aakalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2005, 12:51 PM   #2

Thank you so much!! This is a wonderful gift for a novice.

I've spent a couple of hours with my H1 and your White Paper. I'm sure I will be spending many more since I'm trying to improve my skills and I love this camera.

I have a couple of questions. In Part I you mention the focus assist light and recommend turning it off. I haven't found how to do that.

I've found oneissue with the camera which is annoying. The viewfinder is quite small and I tend to use the LCD. That works well for me most of the time but if it's a very bright day I have trouble clearly seeing what I'm trying to shoot. I have a couple of ideas but I'd appreciate knowing how a professional such as yourself handles this problem. to do that.
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:22 AM   #3

Hi aakatz

I am waiting for you to include a chapter on how to get the best out of the H1 with converters both wide & tele.

Great job so far.

Arun Roy
Arun Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:46 AM   #4

hey dude great job.. thanks
airjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 10:46 AM   #5

airjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 5:54 AM   #6

How do I get & use Tele-macro you refer to in the white paper.I shall be very pleased when you complete 11,12&13.Thanks moorepoppoppy.
moorepoppoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:15 AM   #7

Hi,

I bought my H1 in January and so far I am very pleased. Did turn the flash down and was pleased to see this was not just my camera! I Would like to thank you for your writing your paper and putting it on this forum as It has already taught me lots. I can't quite figure how to change the EV when in manual mode though...this is probably a bit advanced for me anyway and I will stick to shutter and aperture priority as I seem to get the pictures I expect most of the time.

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge:?:idea::G
coral is offline   Reply With Quote