Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:07 PM   #11

...as you can see, even in low light situations the photo quality is the same with and without the lens attached. The results for outdoor photos during daylight, etc... and in every situation that I could shoot presented the same results, no difference in quality with or without the lens attached.

In short the raynox HD-7000PRO did what was claimed it would do without any decrease in picture quality.

Attached is a shot that shows a comparrison of the stock lens and the results of the wide angle lens attached:

Attached Images

eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2006, 6:13 PM   #12

As you can see there is quite a difference in the amount that becomes visible using the wide angle lens.

The Bad:
When using the stock flash there is a bit of a shadow cast from the lens. The shadow that is cast is very minimal and less than if you used the stock H1 lens and the lens hood that came w/ our Sony H1's. However I do feel I should make mention of this.

Conclusion:
On a scale of 1-10 I give the raynox HD-7000PRO wide angle lens a 10 for all shots not requiring flash and a 6 for those requiring flash (and this is only because of the small shadow that is cast). If there were no shadow then flash photos would get a 10 rating. I feel that using an optional flash would most likely solve the shadow issue.

I would recommend this lens to anyone wanting a wide angle lens for their Sony H1. I paid a total of about $140 for the Raynox lens.

eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote