Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:25 AM   #1

Well, I have a chance to buy one of these cameras through my work, on a payroll deduction. I have a few questions, though. 1)Do I need the MS PRO cards to get the 30fps in movie mode? I know Sony says you do, I was just wondering what everyone else has found.

I am replacing my old V1, and I really liked the picture quality. I assume the H1 is just as good, right?

I guess there isn't much that can be said about the R1 that isn't in the review due to the Nov. 22 release date. The problem is, I have to order on the 24th. I don't know if I will be gaining enough with the R1 to justify the price and lack of some features I really like in the H1. Namely the Zoom and movie mode.

I take pictures of many different subjects, and only print 8X10 or larger. Actually, I haven't bought a large frame printer yet, but it's coming.

Thanks for any advice.

Bill
mr_goodwrench_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 11:19 AM   #2

mr_goodwrench_06 wrote:
Quote:
I guess there isn't much that can be said about the R1 that isn't in the review due to the Nov. 22 release date. The problem is, I have to order on the 24th. I don't know if I will be gaining enough with the R1 to justify the price and lack of some features I really like in the H1. Namely the Zoom and movie mode.

I take pictures of many different subjects, and only print 8X10 or larger. Actually, I haven't bought a large frame printer yet, but it's coming.

The Sony R1 has already been shipped. A lot of folks had preordered their R1 and have received it over a week ago. Check out the Sony Forumon dpreviewfor loads of user reports, comments, discussions and R1 images:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1009

cheers, nymano.

nymano is offline   Reply With Quote