Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:37 PM   #1

FOR NEWBIES LIKE ME WHO NEED A LOT OF SUPPORT CLICK THIS LINK

http://www.aakatz.com/h1whitepaper

A TON OF INFORMATION.............

Now for my longing question>

Iwas in the the loooong process of deliberating on what type of camera:| to buy and have decided on the Sony DSC-HI.

I read White Paper's review on it and the different applications to use "other than point n shoot."

Now the decision on where to buy it...:P Iwant to be had and that is the risk of using an online service or ebay.:blah:

Iwas going to go with buydig.com, but I later read some mixed to poor reviews on customer service and product delivery.

I read a thread that listed a lot of online services as bogus (fake store fronts).

B&H seemed to get some good brownie points, but they are not priced competitively as compared to Best Buy or Circut City.

Can anybody recommend a particular vender other than a brick n mortar? Or am I better off spending another $100 bucks plus an additional $40 to $50 bucks on tax???:evil:

THANKS FOR ANY IMPUT!!!

runtothedaylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:20 PM   #2

I would just go to your local electronics retailer. For a consumer level digicam, they will probably have the best price and you'll be a able to both try out and purchase the item in person. Also,if you have any issues with defects, the returns process will be much quicker and easier. B&H, Adorama, etc are great and offer decent savings (and availability) for more advanced equipment, but offer no advantages for consumer level items. Now if you're not near one of the big retailers (BBY, CC etc.) then I would by all means consider an online vendor.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:40 PM   #3

But make sure to check that the Sony seal on the box is intact and that the bit of protective plastic is still stuck over the LCD. Otherwise negotiate a substantial discount as you will be buying either a customer return or a shop demo unit.
kh1234567890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 6:44 PM   #4

Thanks for the imput!!!!

I do live in a a big city and have all the BIG BOX stores available for my money, but I don't want to have to pay the huge sales tax. Risk vs. Reward...

I guess I want to know which online service is dependable that has had excellent flawless service to consumers. An online service that is very user friendly and competitive pricing a plus!!!
runtothedaylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 11:51 AM   #5

Hi runtothedaylight

I am also very interested inthis camera - see my post http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

I am almost 100% sure this is the one for me, and as for where to buy it, I see that Amazon sell it for £264!!!. Thats £135 less than in UK stores!!! In fact for £305 I can buy both the H1 and the 512MB pro card

If you have alreadypurchased the cam, please let me know what you think of it so far.

Cheers

5hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:29 PM   #6

Hi Shane I just cancelled my order to Amazon today as you are looking at second week in December for delivery .Now getting it from buyacamera.co.uk about £7 more hopefully tomorrow (weather permitting)
jaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:03 AM   #7

wow, nice suggestion jaymac!.... and greatMEGAPACK offers as well :-)
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:55 AM   #8

No going back now!

Iv gone for this http://www.buyacamera.co.uk/xsearch.asp?recid=SONCA704

Old Nov 25, 2005, 12:59 PM   #9

Mine's arrived today they use a good good trackable delivery service to
jaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 8:13 AM   #10

Great.

Mine wont be opened until christmas so please let us know how you get on with it, maybe post some pics?

Cheers