Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:23 PM   #1

Hi Have finally settled on this cam but a wee bit unsure about the memory sticks Do I need to go for stick pro and does this fit the cam the same as the basic stick. Also though my printer takes memory sticks would it take Pro. Thanks for any help

Jaymac
jaymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:56 PM   #2

i have both memory sticks and memory stick pro's for my camera.

Honestly I can't tell a difference between the two. My camera performs the same w/ both types. (And yes, both types work in my Sony H1).

eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 6:08 PM   #3

Thanks are you saying you dont have to use any adaptors ie., are both types identical size etc.,
Old Nov 27, 2005, 5:07 AM   #4

Hi,

I'm using Memory stick pros. Had them from a previous Sony cam. Can you tell me anything about the Memory stick "Duos"? And would anyone know if they can be used in the Sony H1 and/or the Sony W5? And also what the advantages are?

Thanks everyone!

PatoG
PatoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:22 AM   #5

Hi According to the manual you can use Duos dont know anything else about them as only just got mine. There is a another forum here dedicated to memory

Jay
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:48 AM   #6

The memory stick duo (pro) is about 1/2 the physical size of the memory stick (pro). The duo is used in the smaller T series cameras and in the sony psp. It can be used in place of a memory stick, but requires an adapter. In terms of performance and quality, the duo and the regular memory stick are the same. The difference is price..the duo is more expensive. There is no reason to use the duo unless your device calls for it.

Both the duo and the regular memory stick have pro versions. The pro version has faster transfer and write speeds....these are required to take videos using the highest quality settings. There is no difference in size between the regular and pro versions.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote