Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:37 PM   #1

According to http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/so...ew/index.shtml the Sony DSC-H1 software bundle includes The Cyber-shot Life tutorial (now up to version 2.3) and is described as a very helpful tool for learning to use the camera. There is even a picture of a screen shot.The reviewer goes on and states "It goes way beyond the manual and teaches some very useful techniques, like how to take night shots like the one later in this review. You can also do a simulation of various camera settings like ISO, shutter speed, aperture, and white balance to see how they work."

Well I didn't get it and there is no mention of it in the paperwork that came with the camera. Did anyone get this tutorial when they bought this camera.
popalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:22 AM   #2

I did get a PC based tutorial (Cyber-shot life,Ver 2.3) that was on the same disk as the imaging software, USB driver and registration with my new H1 that I recieved 2 weeks ago.

Dick
diccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:15 AM   #3

Maybe the software that comes with the camera is based on the country the camera is sold in? My camera was bought this week in the UK, The CD shows just three options,imaging software, USB driver and registration. Is it a seperate option or is it contained in one of the three options? All I downloaded was the drivers.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 12:13 PM   #4

My CD has four options: Imaging software, USB driver, Registration and PC based Tutorial.

Seems odd that they would have a different disk for UK.

Perhaps you may want check www.sony.co.uk/support. There is a telephone No. for Customer Imformation Centre.......08705 111 999 Perhaps they can give you some imformation as to the availability of the tutorial.

Dick
diccam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 2:22 PM   #5

Thanks for your help Dick.

Anyone else would like to say where they come from and whether they have got or not got this software.