Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:27 PM   #1

Anyone can help me with this please?
As a very amateur I have a Sony DCS-P43, I have learned that I can pass pics form my pc to the memory stick, of course edited pics in order to print them later using the memory stick at a photo shop.

What I want to solve is to be able to see the pics I downloadad from the PC on the LCD display, actually the pictures are there, but you can not see them on the display, and as a proof I print them on the automatic photo machines, that always are able to "see" the edited pics I cannot see on the lcd display.

I think is a matter of formats, but I have searched and I can not even have a clue about it.

Also mpeg miniclips downloaded form the pc are on the memory stick, but neither can be viewed at the lcd display.

Any help appreciated.
Maxemine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 12:14 PM   #2

are you making sure they go in the right folder. They need to be in the DCIM folder.┬*
mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:18 PM   #3

Thanks for your prompt response mooseboy
Following your advice I made this with the same edited pic:
1-Copied from the pc
2-Pasted on:
DCIM folder and I could┬┤s see it on the display, so then:
3-Pasted also in 101MSDSF folder, nothing happened again, and then:
4-Pasted on Disc "F" (Camera) and neither worked.

So the same pic is now on those 3 folders and the result is the same; I can not see it on the LCD display, however it can be viewed at the print machines screen.

And of course I┬┤m still talking about the same format; JPG.

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:11 PM   #4

Once a picture is edited, it is not viewable again on the camera. It usually just gives you a file error.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:36 PM   #5

Cybershotnut, is that camera specific. I've put pictures from others sources onto my U30 and they've displayed.┬*
mooseboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 10:50 PM   #6

Not camera specific... Other sources ok, but try to edit the picture size and you'll see that it will give you a file error. I have a Sony DPP-EX50 printer and I usually use Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 to just correct colors, brightness and crop the photos using the 4x6 format in that program and everytime I put the pic back on the memory stick even after making sure the pic name was DSC0XXXX I still get a file error in the camera, the printer sees it just fine.
CyberShotNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2006, 2:12 AM   #7

Thanks mooseboy and cybershotnut, the last is right; finally I made it.
BUT, the pic was viewed again on the camera display only if was not edited,not onlythe pic butediting or renaming the sole name also, if changed not viewed, if let all that as original yes.

Also, I can not edit so far any mpeg miniclip at my pc, and JUST renaming it can not be viewed again on the display.

So now I learn something, but what I want to do still not posible for me and I think that there must be a reason/solution. You guys looks very good on this matters, please still thinking & helping ;-)
Old Feb 4, 2006, 11:41 PM   #8

Ive had this happen before and found that the camera will only show images that are saved in the same format. My canon will only show images saved in a certin dpi. Check into that and see if the images your editing are being save at the right dpi, some LCDs cant show at any dpi other then what the camera is designed for. Maybe they show only in even steps? like 72 or 180 only? not real sure but that is what i found with mine.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:35 AM   #9

Thanks BowerR64, DPI is not the problem since the same image downloaded previously TO the PC and taken later back to the camera can bee seen at the LCD display, but just renaiming it the can not be seen again, and of course DPI and everything else is the same. So if just to rename it causes it then to fix and edit any pic moreover. This matter still being a mistery for me, gracias.