Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:24 PM   #1

Hi

I posted this in the General Q&A section, but I feel maybe it would belong better here, or at least will have more viewings from other H1 users that have come across this problem.

I have come across an annoyance with the H1.

Sometimes I get a streak or streaksof light from top to bottom on the cameras monitor, and this is most noticeable in bright light.

For example;Myself and a few friends were taking some shots of a wonderful sunset, and out of the four cameras being used, only mine wouldshow a white streak of light from top to bottom on the monitor, crossing straight across the sun.

This is a real pain because you cannot be sure how the shot will turn out with a blooming great streak across the main subject.

Is this something you just have to put up with with the H1?

5hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2006, 2:37 AM   #2

I have a Panasonic LZ2, which produces the same exact effect and the only way to avoid it is to not point the camera at the sun, which defeats the purpose of taking sunset pictures, of course. I also have a Nikon 4200, a Kodak DX6440, a Canon A610 and a Panasonic LC80 (my H1 in on the way!!!) and the only camera which does not produce such an effect is the Nikon (the Canon is not as significat but it's there). I think it has to do with the anti-glare coating on the LCD. The effect is there on every camera but the ones which have heavily coated LCDs (like the Nikons and old Canons) appear to be free from this effect. Check with your friends next time to see if this theory holds true.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 4:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps in time I can just get used to it, or maybe I can buy some of this anti glare stuff to spray on.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:02 AM   #4

I have an H1 too and take a LOTTTTTT of sunset photos. It's something you just have to put up with :?

I did and look what it brought me ....

http://www.pbase.com/csmallari/sunclouds

Hope you like it :-)
div3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 9:13 AM   #5

Fantastic selection.

Ican see I needplenty of experience to get to that level.

Not sure which I like best, but Dsc06579w.jpg takes some beating.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:37 AM   #6

Great sunset shots. I haven't received my H1 yet and I already have a question. Looking at the EXIF info. of those pictures, I noticed that the great majority of them were taken with ISO 64 and f/4.0. Did you set the camera to these values or the camera automatically chose them? I've seen other H1 photo galleries and noticed the same thing so I'm inclined to believe the camera is choosing this setting as optimal. Thanks.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote