Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:28 PM   #11

demoniobox wrote:
Quote:
Hi..call me retro..but i still have and use my DSC-P72

why ?

last year i had a DSC-P31 which was EXCELLENT and SUPERB.. i sold my 31 and buy the new "DSC-P41" which is the same P43 W/o TV OUT feature and it comes w/o battery charger,reading the manual ai found ot the they got a new " noise reduction" technology that i dont remember the name right now which results in slow shutter speed indoors with normal light...so ..every single pic i shot was blurry !

i had to sold it and buy an old DSC-P72 which i think is way better but not better than my old dsc-p31 which i think has a faster shuter ...

What is Sony doing ? i keep reading and reading about people complaining about this and i really think its a major problem and i won't buy a new Cybershot cause im afraid they all have this "problem"

what you think ?

thanx

hey wassup!
till where i know the models ya tryin to compare are not the same the p72 though bein old is kinda higher model than the p43 and on top of that the p72 has a 1/1.8" 3mp sensor and the p43 has a 1/2.5" 4mp sensor...
as the other dude said the noise reduction wont coz blurrin of ya pics, and it is used wen a pic is taken at a relatively slower shutter speed , if i aint mistaken its kicks in after 1.3 sec shutter speed or somethin...
slow shutter speed is a result of not adequate amt of light available and on top of that ya not usin the flash and hence tha camera bumps its iso and tries to take the pic at relatively good shutter speed (but wat happens in this is that it depends on a chip and accordin to the chip somethin may seem ritelike settin a shutter speedbut it may not alwayz berite--- i hope ya gettin wat im tryin to say) and on top of that no human has really that sturdy hands so even if a very minute movement occurs at such speeds , there are very high chances ya would get a blurred pic... thats the reason wen ever ya seen any reviews they alwayz say wen usin a slower shutter speed,alwayz use a tripod....
besides this, there could also be another possiblity that ya lens mite have got wrecked/cracked probably due to a fall or must have got banged or somethin...

ohh yeah ... the sony p72 is like the best cam sony has offered, i have been usin it since it was out and i have neva been dissapointed of it... if ya go to steves best digicam category im sure ya would find it out there too in the 3mp category
juss my 2 cents...

NOTE:- HERE IS A PIC THAT I TOOK WID THIS CAM, IT PRETTY GOOD PIC,EXCEPT THE FACT THAT I FORGOT TO TURN THE FLASH OFF... AND THIS PIC WASNT TAKEN IN THE MACRO MODE,BUT NORMAL AUTO MODE...
Attached Images

aman is offline   Reply With Quote