Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 9, 2006, 8:01 AM   #1

Hi All,

Shot this shot yesterday with my DSC H1 at around 6pm.........blue sky and moon........

Abhi
Attached Images

now_abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 6:12 PM   #2

very nice pic yaar
cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:40 PM   #3

Hi Cheema,

I think you also purchased Sony DSC H1 few days back....Did u like it........???

I am planning for Addon Tele and Wide angle lens but sony'slens are expensive how about raynox any idea ?

Hey you also know hindi !!!!

-Abhi.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 4:14 PM   #4

yup i like sony dsc h1....nice camera i love it

about lens yea im gona buy both of them wide and tele. but idont know which company is better.

and about hindi Apun be HindustanI hai
cheema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 8:00 AM   #5

Abhi...

I took a pix of the moon at about the same time as you. Here are my two pictures, the top one is with the H1 at full zoom 12x (70mm) and the bottom one is with the Sony 1.7x Tele added. As you can see, the picuture is about 1.7 times larger. These are uncropped shots.

Actually, I am returning the 1.7x, for the added gain (1.7x), I don't think I'll be making too much use of it. I would like to make up some sort of a telescope mount and play with that.

George
Attached Images

George55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:42 AM   #6

Thanx george...

But the amount which it is available here in india does not justify it......

Its too costly here around 10k ..... tryin alternate raynox lenses ........

Thanx.

Abhi.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:18 AM   #7

Hi,

this is what the moon looks like in Belgium, on 6th of March 2006, 640x480 with 48x zoom.

After the HP945, kodak dc3600 and kodak z740, I finally have found what I was looking for with the dsc-h1.

Also thinking of purchasing teleconverter, it appears on this forum that the genuine Sony 1,7x gives the best results?

Greetz,

Hans
Attached Images

hanswille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 7:29 PM   #8

Nice photo Hans

It appears that with the H1 zoomed all the way out telephoto it is equal to a 8.64x telescope or binoculars. I decided to keep the Sony 1.7x Tele add on lens and with that on it should bring the magnification up to 14.69x. I don't use the digital zoom because if need be I could do that on the computer. I'm going to try for some more moon shots this summer when it gets a bit warmer outside. :-)

I can't comment personally about if the Sony 1.7x is the best because I have not tried any of the others. For the price here I'm happy with it and am looking forward to putting it to good use this summer.

By The Way..... Your beer looks great also!!

George
George55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 11:40 PM   #9

HI Hans,

Nice snap

DId u use 1.7x sony teleconverter lens or a telescope ..........

i have captured it using 12x...looking out for raynox lens.....with 2.2x zoom any idea bout that ????
Old Mar 23, 2006, 2:42 AM   #10

Hi George, Abhi and others,

thanks for the info on the lenses.

The picture above was taken without the aid of any additional lenses or telescope. Just the lowest resolution 640x480, then12x opt & 4x digi zoom, so the full 48x zoom. Other values were F/3.7, shutter 1/60s, ISO64, 0EV. I used a tripod.

I've been experimenting though with my telescope butI don't have an adaptor (the telescope is not a professional one ...) and have been trying with macro, zoom, ... but no good result yet.

And yes, the beer is great, it's called "Grimbergen", brewed in an abbey near Brussels, since 1128. Their motto is "ardet nec consumitur" (burned but not demolished), the abbey was burned to the ground several times, but they rebuilt it each time, and kept brewing this divine beer (one of the hundreds Belgium is known for, I like this the most).

by the way, one of my friends just bought a dsc-H1 as well, I'll thell him about this forum, it contains great info!

cheers!
hanswille is offline   Reply With Quote