Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 11, 2006, 7:12 PM   #1

I have been looking on different sites for prices on the R1. I see them listed from $750 and up.The problem is when I read the reviews on most of these companies the reviews say that these companies call you back before sending the order out and do the high pressure sell trying to get you to purchase grossly overpriced extras such as memory sticks etc. When you refuse to purchase the extras you are notified a few days later that mysteriouslythe camera is out of stock and on back order. In other words if you dont let them scam you with their cheap tripods, lousy camera bags etc. you wont get a camera. I have seen a question similar to this one before and whoever replied sent them a link to what they said was a legit service. When I checked the company out they were one of the worst rated. The price at the 1 and only Sony storewhere I live is $1300 Canadian. Am I best to try to talk them down in price or is there a legit online store?

bigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:22 PM   #2

If it seems too good to be true...it probably is and stay away from these guys. They are cons and want to sell you a lot of cheap crap they can make big $$$ on. Beware of NY sellers...
duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2006, 10:46 PM   #3

Thanks Duke. I am glad I researched these guys before I went ahead. Like this site ,looks like some great info for anyone wanting to get the most out of their equipment.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:15 AM   #4

Hi I deal with softmagic.ca out of Quebec for my sony cameras.
Always been great to deal with , present price R1
is $1179.14 with no pst outside of Quebec.
Usually next day courier delivery.
I personal have dealt with them 5 times and if my next camera is a sony It will come from them.

Geoff

limeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 7:11 AM   #5

Thanks for the info Geoff.