Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:41 PM   #11

I was wandering if any of you guys have an opinion on the W50 and its flash performance indoors (re: red-eye and general exposure). Is it reasonable? Do photos come out over or underexposed? How often? Any complents or high-iso modes? I would appreciate a sample photo with flash (indoors - hopefully unprocessed/full size with EXIF info intact). I appreciate it.

In regards to the sensor on the dust - I am not sure that all W50 suffer from this. Go to circuitcity.com and read all the happy reviews. Forums tend to attract people that always complain, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks a lot.
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:43 PM   #12

bpcrally wrote:
Quote:
I purchased a black W50 the day it hit the stores, i love the camera and it seems to take some pretty nice pictures without a struggle.. Here are a few photos from my trip to Cuba, if you have any tips im open to suggestions!

Hello. I was wandering where you were able to get a black W50? Are you inUS? If so, what stores have them and what was the cheapest you can get? Thanks.

Val
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:45 PM   #13

I'm from Canada, i bought mine at the Sony store..

Dust on the sensor? i carried mine around in my jeans pockets on my trip and other occasions, never had a problem with dust though, how would it get in there? This is the first i've heard of this!
bpcrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:55 AM   #14

Thanks for posting your excellent photos. I justordered this camera for my daughter and she's even more excited about getting it after seeing your postings.

GlennD
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:34 AM   #15

Excellent, she will love the camera. Here is a photo indoors with flash...
(this is my brother's 7 1/2 week old pug puppy.It's hard to get an ideaof howbig she is though. She is smaller than my foot!)

Attached Images

bpcrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:47 PM   #16

great thread, great pics. i think i'm going to make this one mine
bluesdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2006, 10:07 PM   #17

I worry for problem with red eyes pics on Sony's new W series, what is your experience with W50? Roger Akse
Roger Akse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:03 PM   #18

Roger Akse wrote:
Quote:
I worry for problem with red eyes pics on Sony's new W series, what is your experience with W50? Roger Akse
I just purchased a W50 (also have an H1). From what I know and have read, most if not all point and shoot cameras will produce red eye. The flash is so close to the lens that it's hard to avoid. I still get red eye with the H1 even though the flash pops up on top. I don't worry about it though, as I correct it afterward. It's just the nature of the beast.
jonnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2006, 4:04 AM   #19

luckyyyyyy.... im also having trouble finding the black w50.. and i am not willing to pay $400 for it on the sony website.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote