Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jun 16, 2006, 5:45 PM   #11

Hey Bartleby

Have you taken pictures in low light? I know they both take great pictures (T30 / SD630) but which is better equpped in takeing pictures in low lights and not so optimum settings? Is the flash weak liek the t7's?

shakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 10:50 PM   #12

Well, I made the plunge today. Ordered a T30 and a 2 GB Sandisk Ultra II chip. I have to look into cases once I get it. On one hand, people are cautious about large LCDs so a hard case sounds appropriate. OTH, in keepng with the small profile, I think I'd like to find a soft case, maybe even a neoprene or rubberized stretch case like they have for some PDAs.
drgrafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:18 AM   #13

Quote:
How long have you own the T30? Do you get accurate battery level readings till the batter needs to be charged again? Has it ever suddenly shutdown between charges?

A fully charged battery lasts over 3 hours of shooting time. Battery drain is about the same whether actively shooting or just framing up a shot, so I won't say X number of shots per charge. The indicator seems very accurate, decreasing linearly with remaining capacity (it tells you remaining life in minutes). When you change modes such as from still to video to review, or change the brightness of the LCD, the remaining life is updated to account for the different battery drain. While on vacation in Spain, I shot over 150 shots some days, and I like to take time to frame them up carefully.I never even drained the battery halfway in a given day, including time spent reviewing the shots I took. It has never suddenly or unexpectedly shut down. I am very impressed with the battery life, and it is in fact themost significant reason that I returned the T9 and bought the T30.

I guess that no one has owned one very long, but I bought it the day it arrived at the Sony Store (May 9), so I have had it about as long as anyone has. Time will tell how the battery holds up after many charge/discharge cycles.

Quote:
Well, I made the plunge today. Ordered a T30 and a 2 GB Sandisk Ultra II chip. I have to look into cases once I get it. On one hand, people are cautious about large LCDs so a hard case sounds appropriate. OTH, in keepng with the small profile, I think I'd like to find a soft case, maybe even a neoprene or rubberized stretch case like they have for some PDAs.
I have a Sony leather case. I don't know what model number, but it is made for their pocket cameras (not necessarily the T's, but the T30 is the largerst T and fits nicely; the T9 was seemed little small in this case). The case is kind of halfway hard; not nearly so soft that you can scrunch it up, but it is flexible. And the leather is quite nice; it is so smooth and shiny that at first glance you might mistake it for some kind of plastic, but it is a high grade leather. The T30's LCD is entirely covered and protected by a plastic 'lens' which seems quite durable, so you don't have to worry too much.

macboy is offline   Reply With Quote