Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1

I am thinking about buying either the T9 or the new T30. Besides the megapixels, what are the major differences between the two? I read that the t30 is suppose to have this huge improvement on blurry images. Well doesn't the t9 have that as well. Something called image stabilization? Which is the better camera to buy?
shakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:55 PM   #2

T30's battery life is sooooo good!also it has 1000 iso speed.and about body? it is sooooo beatuful!^^much better than T9.^^
ss5469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2006, 9:54 AM   #3

What is this double anti-blur protection I read in the t30's press release? Is it the same as image stabilization feature found on the t9? Correct me if I'm wrong isn't the following things the only difference between the two.

Mega Pixels, ISO, and a little change on the physical design.
Old Apr 13, 2006, 12:29 PM   #4

I guess T9 and T30 use the same image stabilization system.According from dcresource,T30 is similar to T9, adding higher resolution CCD, high sensitivity mode, and more powerful batteryThe Super Steady Shot technology minimizes blur caused by shaky hands, while the new camera's high light sensitivity (ISO 1000) mode reduces blur resulting from shooting at faster shutter speeds. There's even added defense with Sony's Clear RAW™ noise reduction system, which kicks in to counter picture noise associated with high-sensitivity shooting.This is Sony's first T-series model to feature selectable color modes. Choose natural mode for subtle color variations or vivid mode for more intense colors, depending on how you want to preserve the mood from your night on the town.
ss5469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 12:17 AM   #5

I just bought a T9 and a friend of mine bought a Japanese version of the T30 on ebay. The T30 battery lasts a little longer, but comparingpics at thesame ISO, the T9 has less image noise in low light. I've been very satisfied with my T9 so far and it blows away my old T1!
kimberly175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 12:19 PM   #6

Yeah I owned the T1 as well. It sucked. Now I own the t7. This is better but it is too tiny to get stable pictures. I see the t9 and t30 are bigger in size so I am thinking about which to buy. My main concern is picture quality and blurriness. Most of the pictures I took in low lights either came out dark or blurry. Which do you feel has better solved this issue the t9 or t30?
Old May 2, 2006, 10:11 AM   #7

T7 is quite capable in low light, no better or worse than any equivolent model IMO. + image stabilisation on a mere 3X optical zoom lens smacks of overkill!!.

T7 matches T9 & T30 95% of the time and is smaller, lighterand cheaper to boot.
mweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 10:20 AM   #8

I'm just trying to buy the best of the 2 T9 or T30. I get lots of blurry and yellowish pics with the T7. I hear the T9 and T30 fixed all that. So, which do I buy?
Old May 2, 2006, 5:10 PM   #9

I just bought a T9 and a friend of mine bought a Japanese version of the T30 on ebay. The T30 battery lasts a little longer, but comparingpics at thesame ISO, the T9 has less image noise in low light. I've been very satisfied with my T9 so far!
kimberly175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 10:59 PM   #10

How about blurry pics and saturated images? Do you get lots of them when just point and shoot? Have you tried taking pics in low light? Is the flash better?