Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Apr 24, 2006, 3:19 PM   #1

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has tried the Delkin pop up shade LCD screen protector yet? I am thinking of buying one for my H1 as I shoot a lot of outdoor sports in daytime and the sun is an issue. The 2.5" universal protector can be purchased for $20 at a local camera shop and is listed on the Delkin site as compatable with the H1 and many other Sony 2.5" LCD's.

Thanks

MJW
mjw1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2006, 12:49 PM   #2

if/when you purchase this LCD shade can you post some photos of it in use as well as a quick review of your experience w/ the shade?

-that would be super helpful as this is something I would possibly be interested in as well. I constantly use the little electronic finder but it is difficult for my eyes to re-focus after focusing on that little window while taking photos... -the shade may be my answer also...
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 11:18 AM   #3

Send this fellow a e-mail and ask him if he still has rubber eyecups

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"for the Sony H1. I bought two from him on e-bay and love them.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"They do not interfear with the LCD screen and are great for

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"outdoor work. Keeps sun out of your eye. The only thing is the

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"seller provides the eyecup with a nylon cable tie to keep the

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"eyecup on and it won't work. My eyecup kept falling off with

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the nylon tie so I used something more modern,(rubberband) and it

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"stayed on for over three months now.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"[email protected] I think his

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"user name is Birthday Boy or something like that. He is a good seller

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"and was great to deal with. His eyecup works great with the use

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"of a rubber band.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Magnaed aka Ed
Magnaed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 6:14 PM   #4

I use the Orion 07405 rubber eyecup with the H1.

Cost me £2.99 and stays on the camera without the need of ties or rubberbands.
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2006, 8:00 PM   #5

I have ordered one directly from 'DELKIN'
25 USD + 5 USD for shipping
when it comes, I'll post my findings
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2006, 2:35 PM   #6

I 'm orderingthe Delkinfrom BH Photo. Had a tough day shooting at a track meet. It was a very bright day, not a cloud in the sky and my baseball cap was more of a hindurance than a help. Delkin warranties the stick on for two years and a rep from Delkin said they thought it was re-sealable. They aslo said to contact Delkin should it come loose.

MJW
mjw1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 2:06 PM   #7

It would be great if someone could post a photo of their shade installed on their H1,
I'd love to see how this looks before I purchase one.

I am curious if the shade covers any of the LCD making some of the icons not visible? or if the shade goes around the LCD so that everything is visible, etc...

just curious what it looks like installed!
Old May 4, 2006, 8:51 PM   #8

There is a small gadget for H1 – 'DELKIN' pop-up shade
Brief evaluation
Color and texture fit nicely
Since I got use to EVF rather then LCD, I ve checked how this addition inreact with my nose.
No problems so far. They do not obstract each other.
The only doubt I have is about ability to take it off and replace. Glue is really sticky and based on what my wife knows about glues, all of them build up after a while. So be ready this is forever

http://www.pbase.com/s_grin/image/59684396

http://www.pbase.com/s_grin/image/59684398
Old May 4, 2006, 9:21 PM   #9

Sorry, wrong post
Old May 5, 2006, 12:57 PM   #10

Grins,

thanks for posting that review and the photos! Excellent,

I really want to get one of these, this looks like it would be extremely helpful. I find that I use the EVF finder more often than the LCD because daylight shots don't let me view the LCD correctly. This may solve that issue.

I do have one more question.

Is it possible to snap / or take the lid off the shade device if you want? I ask because sometimes I like to record video and hold the camera at a low angle, thus the shade when open would obstruct my view of what I am recording. If the door snaps on/off easily I am sold.

thanks