Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old May 8, 2006, 8:58 AM   #1

http://dpinterface.com/reviews/sony-...-h2/index.html
decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2006, 12:19 PM   #2

Dont believe on this review, this is Sony DSC-W100 review. read some last paragraphs, it is clear that the reviewer has copied and pasted W100 Review on H2 review.
goldy_bansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 1:37 PM   #3

i`d decided to get a decent camera( for a novice)and it was between the canon s2 and the sony h2, both around the same price but after reading that review(i know the last paragraph has been put in there by mistake)i plumped for the s2 and am eagerly awaiting delivery tomorrow:-)
Old May 15, 2006, 12:41 AM   #4

Big mistake...big...huge! Sorry, this line from the movie Pretty Woman with Julia Robertsalways pops up in my head when I hear people saying they chose the S2 over the H1 (in this case, the H2). I happen to have both, the H1 and the S2. The only thing they have in commonis the 12x zoom. I can't speak for the H2 since I don't have one but I can guarantee you that the first thing you are going to do after downloading your first pics from the S2 is to go to the Canon forum and ask the typical S2 owner question: what am I doing wrong? My S2 pictures are blurry, out of focus! Then, a whole bunch of S2 experts will give you hundreds of suggestions to obtain better results (including myself since I've been there, done that). IMO, the H1 is a much much more superior camera. As for the H2, I was not too impressed with the specs. It has a few upgrades over the H1 but some downgrades as well. I don't think overall it's a worse camera than the H1 but if I had to buy a new camera today, I'd either wait for the H5 or buy the H1. Never the S2.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 1:56 PM   #5

well i`m not saying any camera is better than another as i simply don`t have the skills or experience with cameras to make a statement like that, i can say that i have had a sony digital 8 camcorder for the past 5 yrs and it is much better than the samsung hi8 it replaced, as for the cameras i`m sure the h1 is a fine camera, steve said so in his review as he did about the s2, everybody reads reviews then makes their choice,when i`vegot a bitmore experience with this camera i`ll let you know how i`m getting on and what i think about it:-)
Old May 16, 2006, 3:35 PM   #6

Hi decoy, after I submitted my reply, I read what I wrote and Ifound thatmy comments were a bit out of line. My apologies. To be honest, I've spent weeksreading reviews before I bought my cameras. In the end, I think you have to take the reviews with a grain ofsalt. If you go tohttp://www.viewscore.com/vsCP/3and typea camera brand/model, you'll see that the reviews for that particular camera go all over the place. CNET reviews tend to be party-poopers. They are pretty pathetic and their scores are usually in the 70's while Steve, dcresource and dpreview area lot more thorough and their scores arein the 90's. That alone should tell us something. ThenI find some reviewers more biased toward this or that brand so they tend to find theircameras better. If I had only read the S2 and H1 reviews, I would not have written what I wrote. But, I happen toown both cameras so I have experienced their pros and cons. I am very curious toread your comments once you receive the S2and start taking photos with it. Perhaps your experience will be far batter than most of our. In any case, I wish you good luck and happyshooting!
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote