Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:54 PM   #1

After i charged the battery, and usedon my H1, after a few minutes it drain, its a new battery.. what charger did you use guys?
airjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2006, 2:50 AM   #2

I use a lacrosse bc-900

Use a decent 2500mAh or higher Nimh battery not the old fashioned NiCds

Do remember that new NimH batteries need to be "conditioned" ie they don't reach full charge until they have been cycled through full charge, drained and then fully charged again a few times. Many chargers can be set to do this automatically.

Once you havetwo good batterys the H1 should be able to take over 250-350 shots on a full charge even with lcd on full time.

Very fast chargersie the 15mins type create a lot of heat , heat is the batteriesenemy and shortens its lifespan ie the number of times it can be recharged in total, sobuy a proper slower charger and a couple ofextra sets so you will always be ready.

Last tip, NimHbatteries loss charge while sitting around doing nothing, a few percentage of the charge a day, so always give them a top up charge before use if they have not been charged for a couple of weeks.

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 5:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Last tip, NimH batteries loss charge while sitting around doing nothing, a few percentage of the charge a day, so always give them a top up charge before use if they have not been charged for a couple of week
-this is totally true!

One last tip I'd like to add,
I purchased 4 sets of rechargable 2700MAH batteries, ...I bring them w/ me when I use my H1 ...with 4 extra battery sets I am good for at least a weeks worth of heavy photography!!!
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote