Old Jul 16, 2006, 7:22 PM   #11

Okay, I found the Keene site page I was looking for, plus another site:

http://www.boehmel.de/lanc.htm
http://www.keene.co.uk/pages/downloads/dnl_control.htm

Lots of info there.
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 8:05 AM   #12

Many thanks, you are really amazing.

Now I have a couple of weeks to digest all the information and do some trials. I will be back when I get some results.

Kleber
Kleber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 9:04 AM   #13

Good Luck!
Old Jul 19, 2006, 10:43 PM   #14

ok simple question for you folks then if i want to build a mechanical to r-1 shutter release adapter for a mechanical remote would i have to modify a lanc remote?
yonu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:10 AM   #15

If you are asking about an external trigger mechanism, then the answer is yes.

Depending on what you are tring to do, on the LANC all you would need would be a contact closure to simulate the press of the photo button.

This is a very simple mod that involves the addition of 2 wires, one to each side of the key pad of the photo button.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:58 AM   #16

ok thanks that is what i need to know how i have to break down and purchase a lanc lol
Old Aug 1, 2006, 6:26 PM   #17

hey all i have a simple question what is required for the acc port to fire a external strobe of would i have to use a hotshoe adapter to fire stobes?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 9:56 AM   #18

Hello,

I would be very interested in obtaining one of your home made adapters for my Sony R-1 in order to triggermy studio lighting system. I am currentlytriggering the studio strobes byaimingthe bounce head on the HVL-F32x straight up at the ceiling at low power, and using the slave triggers on my two Photogenic monolights for triggering...This is not always acceptable...as occasionally it will not trigger both monolights....Why Sony has not designed and offered some sort of adapter from the ACC plug....or something that works from the hot shoe is beyond me. You would think they would want to make this camera as appealing to professional photographers as possibe. The more flexibility the camera has the more of them they will sell. I currently have two of them......and love the quality of the photos...and my backup camera is a F-828....which also does a pretty good job. I guess I was lucky when I got my 828...it never exhibited a problem with purple fringing....and the R-1's are completely free from that problem. If you would entertain the idea of making one of your adapters for me, I would be very interested in buying one for my studio lighting setup here. Thanks....Bill in Missouri

UPDATE -- I called Adorama and asked about an adapter for my hot shoe....they recommended one and I bought it...about $15 with shipping. It works beautifully with bothmy R-1's and the F-828 too. Just slides into the hot shoe slot and it has a female PC cord connector on the side....works like a charm....If anyone is interested the item is referred to by this part number -- FAHSPCA -- its made by Pro Optic. Adorama is located in New York and their phone number is well publicized. Best regards to the group....Bill in Missouri

Shutterbugstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:18 AM   #19

Hi, regarding lanc support on the R1, the camera comes with the remote control fob rm-dr1. this allows you to power camera on/off and take a photo shot. however, there is also zoom tele/wide control on it, which indeed as you say, is not supported. Does anyone know if it will be supported soon/in the future. thanks.eamon.
eamonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 11:40 PM   #20

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...63&forum_id=28

May be here you will find a n answer
s_grins is offline   Reply With Quote