Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Sony

Old Jul 22, 2006, 1:48 PM   #1

just bought an R! love the image quality...but im looking for some help regarding aspect ratio of 3:2 that this camera has...all of my pics need to be saved for web via adobe photoshop cs2...if i keep the constrain properties it dous not save as 640x480 but saves as 640x421 (approx)..if I remove the constrain prop it skews the image taller to meet the 640x480...is there a way to have the cam take the pics at high res (10mb) and still have them shot at 4:3 aspect ratio?...or should I take these pics larger and crop to 4:3...and how does one do that....thanks so much

bottom line i need to know how the final image can be at 4:3...maybe without cropping or stretching

thanks

jharonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:16 PM   #2

Well you will have to crop, sorry, you will just need to shoot with that in mind.

Various ways to get a 4:3 crop aspect.

Select Crop tool - options pane - enter 3 for height and 4 for width

Drag the crop tool across the image to get the 4:3 crop

Alsotry the Marquee tool , change the style dropdown to Fixed Aspect Ratio

You can also set up Croptool presets if you want

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho...croptool_7.htm

Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 2:46 PM   #3

thanks Steve!

Quick Question:

I am a car dealer and deal with highline vehicles...i bought this camera because i was sold on the fact that in auto mode it would give me real nice shots...I am truly a beginner at dig-photography and dont really have the time to learn complex photography at this time...other that fully aouto mode with this camera are there any other modes I should look at to get optimum shots (i realize this is a very complex question given all the factors and variables)...but i generally shoot at aound mid day...sunny, outdoors, at widest angle, waist level shots
thanks again

john
Attached Images

Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:24 PM   #4

jharonis wrote:
Quote:
thanks Steve!
????
Sintares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2006, 7:27 PM   #5

Sorry...

thanks Sintares!

any ideas for me on the last question

thanks
Old Jul 24, 2006, 8:37 AM   #6

jharonis wrote:
Quote:
I am a car dealer and deal with highline vehicles...i bought this camera because i was sold on the fact that in auto mode it would give me real nice shots...I am truly a beginner at dig-photography and dont really have the time to learn complex photography at this time...other that fully aouto mode with this camera are there any other modes I should look at to get optimum shots (i realize this is a very complex question given all the factors and variables)...but i generally shoot at aound mid day...sunny, outdoors, at widest angle, waist level shots
thanks again
Well, one hint would be: don't always shoot at 24mm. Objects tend to get distorted and "blown up" - just look at the 2 car pics you posted. Take a few steps back instead and shoot at, for example, 50mm. The pics will come out much more natural.

cheers, nymano.
nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:51 AM   #7

Ill try that at 50mm....thanks