Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:27 PM   #1

Default unable to post images :(

Hi all,
As you are probably aware my postage of sports images of late have gone tits up!!.
This is,, primarily down to me having to ditch Photobucket who, now impose a fee for sharing images via a yearly subscription!!.
I appreciate the need to make money but the intro fee still includes a load of the god awful ads which I thought payed for the bloody thing in the first place?.
Jumping on, I have cancelled my account & asked for the removal of all my copyrighted images so sorry if they are no longer available to view . Having said that please let me know if my images are still viewable so I can, (cough), correct the Photobucket team on copyright .

Again I'm sorry I can no longer post images on this sight after umpteen years, (I've tried Flikr but it seems they just murge into one long over sized mess of images?).
Any advice on any, "free" hosting sites, (I refuse to pay for social media outlets given the huge explosion of cloud etc), please let me know. Regards Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:44 PM   #2

G'day Graham

So sorry to hear about your Photobucket dilemma - but you're not the first to give that "recommendation" regarding their new services

And - Flickr has recently been taken over by another mob and to some extent 'who knows' where that will end up for those like you who wish to sell work.

I have used Flickr now for a decade or more to house low-res images of my pics set into Albums ~ in my case annual subject matter + sometimes, special subject, ~ where each album has 30 to 50 images. I am posting primarily for family & friends and so that I can link images into BB sites such as this one - and when I link an image, Flickr offers me 1/2-dozen pixel sizes for the linked image

For me in Oz, it costs me $A50 p.a. to maintain my so-called 'Pro' membership

Hope this helps
Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:18 PM   #3

Ya flickr now charges for what was free. You are allowed 1000 images and after that you have to pay. Free is becoming a thing of the past.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:50 PM   #4

G'day Graham & Bynx

There also is that old saying about 'if it is free - you are then the customer' - where the hosting site is using you and your data for their own commercial purposes

I have long ago chosen to pay a small amount [getting larger unfortunately] to remove all adverts from my computer screen ... hate the damn things - and I will remove myself from all sites [and TV channels] that plaster adverts across the screen, thus destroying my enjoyment of the item being viewed

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2019, 10:45 PM   #5

I too used to use Photobucket.

Im using this now. It's okay for posting in forums. Basic no frills.

https://vgy.me
lomitamike is offline   Reply With Quote