Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Jul 31, 2007, 5:46 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Hi All,

Been out of it for a few weeks as I've been in Bosnia, the day I got back my Church were playing a friendly soccer match against another church so went and took some shots. I was also asked to play the last 20 mins as they were short of players and I'm pleased to say I scored the winning goal!!!

Soccer is still something I'm not great at as this was only my 2nd attempt in 'anger'. As ever please let me know what you think and areas for improvement etc.

For those who are interested Canon 30D, Sigma 120-300mm f2.8, ISO 1600 and 3200, f2.8.

Thanks,

Mark

2 (I know back shots are not great but I liked this one with the keeper in - shame I didn't get all of him)

8 (ouch)

9 (ouch, ouch)

10 (ouch, ouch, ouch) LOL

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:35 PM   #2

wow!!!

those are awesome shots, man o man i hope one day i can sharp pictures like that!!

glad you are back mark!!
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2007, 9:50 PM   #3

Nice shots Mark. Welcome back to the forum!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2007, 4:21 AM   #4
Super Moderator

Thanks John and John, glad to be back and posting however the weather here is not as good and the scenery is lacking LOL. The main thing I missed was having a selection of lenses over there and putting the 120-300 on was lovely.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 6:06 AM   #5

Mark,

Good to have you back, especially with such a nice collection of soccer shots. I always love them. There are several really nice shots here, but I really liked the sequential action schots of the keeper in #6 & #7 and the slide tackle/handling the ball in #8. Excellent high ISO performance.

Paul
Trojansoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 1:41 PM   #6

Really nice shots.

I was surprised to read Paul's comments (above mine) citing the high ISO and had to go back and re-read your original post to see they were actuallytaken at ISO 1600 and 3200. Nicely done!

Dave O.
dave64o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2007, 5:12 PM   #7
Super Moderator

Thanks Dave, the key is to get the exposure right in camera and then high ISO is not a huge issue. When working at 3200 I don't like having them printed at larger than 9" x 6" really as it starts to get a little noticeable, however better than then not get the shot or have a lot of motion blur.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:27 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Trojansoc wrote:
Quote:
Mark,

Good to have you back, especially with such a nice collection of soccer shots. I always love them. There are several really nice shots here, but I really liked the sequential action schots of the keeper in #6 & #7 and the slide tackle/handling the ball in #8. Excellent high ISO performance.

Paul
Paul apologies as I didn't thank you for your welcome back.... oops sorry!!!

I'm with you I like 6 and 7 as I rarely get the keeper doing anything so was very pleased.