Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Sep 16, 2007, 7:53 PM   #1

my friend participates in the iron man contests, well they didn't swim today since we live in southern louisiana, some folks don't really like aligators!! hahahahahahaha well they taste like chicken if you cook them right!! :blah:

i'm not sure how to crop these or what this sport looks for in their images, but it was a beautiful day!!

airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:09 PM   #2

These are some great pictures. You really did a great job of panning the bike riders.

I was in St Bernard delivering Mattress's to Hamiltons last year. How are things going there?
Jobeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:21 PM   #3

Jobeye wrote:
Quote:
These are some great pictures. You really did a great job of panning the bike riders.

I was in St Bernard delivering Mattress's to Hamiltons last year. How are things going there?
hi jobeye,

thanks man!! things are going slowly but its starting to work out. we finally are getting close to getting our SBA money, our house has been gutted, so hopefully by christmas we may be back in the house. which would be great! anyway, what part of texas do you live in? we relocated to dallas for a little over a year, because the kids with school. i love the people in texas, i made sooooo many friends, they all want us to come back and live there!!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 8:32 PM   #4

We live about 25 miles north of Dallas in Lewisville. We have lived here for 21 years now. I guess one of the best things about living in Texas is the foosball. ( I just watched The Waterboy for the 100th time). Living Here is ok, its really to crowed for my taste .

Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:10 AM   #5

hi jobeye,

we stayed in lewisville for about 5 months, my now 16 yr old went to lhs 9th grade school, and my now 11 yr old went to vickery. i love dallas!! we stayed in irving for about 2 months then moved to lewisville, then i got job in rockwall, so we moved there. then after the school year we came back to st. bernard, la. i will be up there for thanksgiving, maybe we could meet up and shoot some stuff. there is always something going on. john

p.s. as bad as katrina was, my family and i were very blessed, we made great friends, and were very well taken care of, in the begining it was a little scary, but stuff happens, and you just keep looking forward!

oh and my friend from here, my kids, and i would go to hooters right there on 35e north, on thursday nites, for bike night and get 10 free wings! hahahahaha
Old Sep 17, 2007, 12:03 PM   #6

hope you kept your hat on John!!. nice sharp pics, i would IMOhave pesonally cropped tighter on #2 to just include the 3 runners. Is that you friend in blue (last pic) by chance?. Kind regards Graham

bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:36 PM   #7

hi Graham, that looks way better, i'm just not sure how to crop, for this sport, i never had time to look at some magazines or sites. anyway no thats not my buddy, hahahahaha here he is, and its a shame i never get him in focus!! hahahahahaha
Attached Images

Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:42 PM   #8

Well poop, We are going to Groton Conn. for Thanksgiven, My wife and I have a new grandaughter we have not seen yet.

Our son is Officer in The Navy and he is stationed there on a Submarine.