Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Mar 13, 2010, 2:38 PM   #1

Default Car Sprint !!

Nutt's Corner Raceway, N.Ireland.

Maxsamsung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:26 PM   #2

Great shots..are the first couple ..old Lotus cars ? I also like the BMW setting up in the corner and the blue Ford haunching down and coming on strong.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:22 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Some great shots here, nice panning and good sharpness..... I wish I had some motorsport to shoot!!!

How is the wrist holding up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Great shots..are the first couple ..old Lotus cars ? I also like the BMW setting up in the corner and the blue Ford haunching down and coming on strong.
The first photos comprise of a couple of Westfields and a ........ hmmmm, been racking my brain and failing, I know it isn't a Caterham as that would have the 7 grill as they bought the rights to the Lotus design, it's not an MK as they also use a distinctive grill so we will have to wait for Max's input.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Some great shots here, nice panning and good sharpness..... I wish I had some motorsport to shoot!!!

How is the wrist holding up?

The first photos comprise of a couple of Westfields and a ........ hmmmm, been racking my brain and failing, I know it isn't a Caterham as that would have the 7 grill as they bought the rights to the Lotus design, it's not an MK as they also use a distinctive grill so we will have to wait for Max's input.

Those cars based on the old Lotus design are great.

I know of a fellow that has hand made his own Lotus 'replica'....which he installed a '60's Buick 215 cubic inch V8...which as you probably know,was the original engine that Rover bought the rights to and then developed into quite a versatile engine for their variety of purposes.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 3:56 AM   #5

Thanks for the comments, I thought the third car was a Caterham, thats what it was down as in the programe Mark, a lot of these boy's are now fitting Bike engines into them he had a Honda Fireblade engine fitted to his. The plaster is still on but the pain is getting better, again i only stayed for a few hours. Cant wait to get the plaster off so i can start working on the scar and tissue hope this works this time ???
Old Mar 14, 2010, 4:09 AM   #6

Mark, Could it be a Tiger Avon ?? Thats what the Grill reminds me of ??? will have to find out on the 27th March at the next meet !!!!
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:54 AM   #7
Super Moderator

It could be a Caterham with the grill removed to reduce weight and drag. I've wanted a big engined 7 style car for a long time as they rock. I've driven a few Caterhams on the track and they are fantastic fun. I used to do track days with a modified Pug 205 putting out 182bhp which was enough fun in a car down to about 750kg.

I thought the Avon had a bulge in the bonnet but could be wrong.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 7:26 AM   #8

Yes the Avon has a large bulge on the bonnet, think its to do with the air intake. Some cut it out and have the air filter sticking up through it . I have been promised a few laps in my friends Caterham again with a Fireblade engine fitted, when i get the wrist sorted ?? something to look forward to :-))))
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:59 PM   #9

Some very nice panning Max!. Kind regards Graham.
bluesman graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:36 AM   #10

Thank's Graham !!