Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Sports & Action Photos

Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:07 PM   #1

My daughter came home with All American honors in the middle school national championship held at Virginia Wesleyan in Tidewater Virginia. She competed in the 7-8th grade division and placed 6th out of the top eight. There was 42 entries in her 130 pound weight class.
Attached Images

SoCopasetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:11 PM   #2

Another ...
Attached Images

Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:16 PM   #3

New at this picture taking ... hope to improve.
Attached Images

Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:01 AM   #4

Nice job, both you and your daughter. These turned out better than my rasslin' pics this year. What camera and settings were you using?
GoCubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:31 PM   #5
Administrator

Co-ed wrestling now huh ? Boy things have certainly changed since I was in school !
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 5:51 PM   #6

Thanks, I'm still new at this but have a Canon EOS Digital Rebel and I'm having a great time learning new things about it everyday. These pics were taken at 1/160 Shutter Speed. Apature Value at 5.6 and ISO at 1600. Looking forward to attempting to catch some throws in Freestyle.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:06 PM   #7

Lol Steve, right on! Not sure how long girls have been competing inamateur wrestling, only about 9 girls in all of the state of Virginia do. My daughter has two younger brothers that also compete and for two seasons she tapped and worked tournaments as she begged us to let her compete. We gave in and she is as dedicated as my sons are.She trains year round and competes in amateur tournaments 11 months out of the year. Next year she will try out for the JV team.She hasbeen real lucky in the fact that most thatshe meets are very supportive of her.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:54 AM   #8
q95

Hopefully you're still following the forum, I may PM you. Do you use flash ? Those shots look pretty good.
q95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2008, 11:59 AM   #9

I like all the pictures, good action shots. One had some light fall off.

You're daughter looks to be a very capable grappler. I've always been a supporter of school athletics, in many instances participation at this level, develops an life long interest in physical activity, which is of great benefit.

I think wrestling and martial arts are a great life benefit to have for all people. Don't want to be an alarmist, but in this world of ours, sometimes people have to be able to defend themselves.

About 2 years ago my son was mugged, fortunately he has Jiu-Jitsu skills which enabled him to thwart the attackers.

Hope your daughter never has the same experience, but if she does, her wrestling skills will be a great advantage.

lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote