Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 23, 2007, 8:56 AM   #1
Senior Member
HughesInNC's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 183

I've got a very small, inexpensive home studio set, 3 strobes, 2 soft boxes, some umbrellas, a 12' background stand with 3 backgrounds (White, black and green Chromakey). The studio is in our upstairs game room, which has carpet in it.

OK, here's the "real question", so to speak. I've noticed on a lot of glamour and fashion photography that the models are standing on what appears to be a evry shiny floor surface.

Does anyone know what's being used? Is it something I can pick up from Lowes or Home Depot? I looked, but didn't see anything that might work.

Any help would be appreciated. Well, unless you say "Put in a new floor", as that's a bit too cost prohibitive for a hobby!
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2007, 9:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
PeterP's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,397

Carpet is a killer for background paper :G

Yes the shiney is quite often a sheet of plexiglass, it comes in clear at HomeDepot.
You can also get it in black, blackmirror, mirror and many other colors if you hunt down a plastics dealer.

Another item that is sometimes used is a sheet of vinyl, it is sold as background material at places like Dennys

I've never looked but I suspect something like it can be found at HomeDepot or similar places for a lot cheaper.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:11 AM.