Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Oct 17, 2006, 4:05 PM   #1

Does anyone know where I can get a Radio Slave to fit the hotshoe of a Konica Minolta 7D to control the studio lights? Everytime I use the PC Connection, the studio lights keep firing with any camera movement.

Iam not sure if I am asking for the correct unit name. I would need both the Hotshoe unit and the wirelessreceiver unit.

Thank you in advance.

Cordially,

-Chet-
Hexfyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 6:02 PM   #2
Administrator

It sounds like you've got a bad connector shorting out if camera movement causes your strobes to fire. So, replacing the sync cable would be a good first step.

If you want to use a radio trigger and slave arrangement via your hotshoe, you'd need an adapter to give your 7D an ISO standard hotshoe (I'm unaware of any triggers that work directly from a Minolta hotshoe).

The correct adapter to give your 7D an ISO standard hotshoe is the Minolta FS-1100.

There are also a number of third party adapters available. Search for FS-1100 on Ebay and you'll find a vendor in Hong Kong selling third party adpaters for $14.95 + $5.00 shipping. I've got the same adapter that I use on a 5D.

Then, most radio triggers should work fine with it. You see a lot of different types on Ebay (and many of them will also work via your camera's PC Sync port versus needing to fire via a hotshoe). Just search Ebay for Radio Trigger and you'll find lots of them.

A higher end unit would be something like the Pocket Wizard

Also take a look at this thread for more alternatives.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=84

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 10:25 AM   #3

Thank you very much.

-Chet-
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:26 AM   #4

Mounting it on a flash handle bracket (like a stroboframe) works too (you have to use a pc-synch chord anyway). I use the FS1100, that Jim mentioned, on top of my 7D & a Patterson Interfit infrared trigger. The FS100 will fire my Vivitar 285HV like a regular hot-shoe but I have to use my Interfit pc-synch cord to make my infrared trigger fire...the things that make you wonder why)!
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:57 AM   #5

I think the problems with the PC-Synch is with the camera, as the problem happens with several cords I have tried.

I have shot with other photographers who swear by their Radio Units. And I want to be one of the Cool Kids!

Again, Thank you.

-Chet-
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:58 AM   #6

The above post was meant to be humerous...

-Chet-