Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Studio Lighting, Flash & Other

Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:01 AM   #1

I have just been told by Sony that they no longer make the PCT 100 for my camera. (I have a Minolta 5D) I need this adpater so that I can use my studio lights with my camera. I'm not sure if anybody knows of another adapter that would work with my camera or if I am out of luck. PLEASE HELP :?
Mrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:22 PM   #2

Try a Google search or the photo.net or dyxum.com selling/trading forums.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:54 PM   #3
Administrator

Mrey wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure if anybody knows of another adapter that would work with my camera or if I am out of luck. PLEASE HELP :?
Sure. No problem.

You can use a third party Minolta FS-1100 equivalent adapter along with an inline Wein Safe Sync (it's a good idea to keep the trigger voltage down, since it doesn't have the same voltage protection built in that you get with the PCT-100). That's one reason the PCT-100 costs a lot more than the FS-1100 (built in voltage protection). ;-)

The genuine Minolta FS-1100 doesn't have a PC Sync Port (it only gives you an ISO standard hotshoe). But, there is a third party FS-1100 equivalent adapter from a Hong Kong based Vendor for $14.95 + $5.00 shipping that gives you both an ISO standard hotshoe and a PC Sync Port.

If you search for FS-1100 on ebay, he has multiple listings for them at any given time.

It's not mentioned in the description. But, unlike the the Minolta FS-1100, this third party adapter has a PC Sync Port built in (run your mouse cursor over the bottom right hand photo and you'll see it built in to the base of the adapter when viewing the large image). I've got the exact same adapter for use with my Maxxum 5D.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170062696846

Here is an inline Wein Safe Sync to isolate the camera's electronics from higher trigger voltages:

Wein SSPC In Line Safe Sync at B&H

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2006, 11:35 AM   #4

Thank You Very much my husband will be very happy! He loves is Minolta Camera and didn't want to have to buy something else.

Meghan Rey

www.fxphotographystudio.com
Mrey is offline   Reply With Quote